PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical vs Electric

Kevmag
05-07-2002, 11:11 AM
Last weekend was the second day I was able to play with my E-Mag since I bought in Feb. It worked great and I enjoyed ripping long strings of paint. The only downside I see is its weight. It gets heave lugging the marker, warp, and paint around all day.

I also recently bought a used Retro Automag and played a couple of games with it to make sure it work propery. I really enjoyed shooting that mechanical marker. I'm using a stock trigger frame and the trigger pull feels much better than the click of my E-Mag. Hard to describe, but the pull is much more satisfying.

If I would have bought the Retro first, I'm not sure if I would have bought the E-Mag. Am I weird or do other E-Mag users feel the same way?

I'm buying another Retro Mag and this one has the Intelliframe. How does its trigger compare to the manual mode of an E-Mag? Shorter trigger pull?

Top Secret
05-07-2002, 11:40 AM
I was fiddling with my E-Mag's RT/Manuel mode this weekend with my warpfeed, and found that I could rip strings off just as fast and accurate as hybrid/electric mode and actually liked the trigger pull better. I'm ordering a ReTrovalve for my IntelliMinimag soon. :D

Got to love the mechanical.

Xzion
05-07-2002, 01:22 PM
the manual mode on the E-Mag would be exactly the same as the RT/PRO, they both function exactly the same way. Are you running the E-Mag in Hybrid mode, or completely manual? if you leave the battery on/off plug out when you put the switch to manual, the solinoid still does the work, put the battery on/off plug in while its set to manual, and you should get a full manual RT trigger.

Kaiser Bob
05-07-2002, 01:29 PM
Yeah if you are dead set on using manual only, just take all the magnets out of the top and the trigger will be more or less identical to the RT Pro. Personally after using mine for the first time in all three modes, i found straight E mode the most comfortable, its all about preference :)

Kevmag
05-07-2002, 02:04 PM
or an Intelliframed Mag, but I would imagine the pull is shorter with I-Frame or stock single trigger frame than E-Mag non-E mode.

The manual and hybrid trigger seem kinda long to me...

Xzion
05-07-2002, 02:53 PM
if you keep the magnets in the frame, it will probably make it longer, as the magnets will hold the trigger off the trigger rod, where as the RT or ReTro mags don't have this. Try removing the trigger magnets in the top of the frame, and retry the full manual mode, the RT PRO, ReTro Valve and E-Mag valves are exactly the same, aside from a couple varying orings in the E-Mag, and the fact one says 'E-Mag', 'RT PRO' or 'ReTro Valve' thats about the jist of all the differences. as for the sears, they all work manually the same way.

Before you go buying any more RT's and or RT mags, I'd suggest trying your E-Mag without the return magnets in the top of the frame, as suggested before.

TransMan
05-07-2002, 03:01 PM
lol if u like mechanical so much ill trade u my RT for your Emag hehe ;)

Evil Bob
05-07-2002, 06:57 PM
The length on the trigger rod on the EMag is just as adjustable as any other mag, you can tweak it so it feels just like any of the mechanical mags.

-Evil Bob

Kaiser Bob
05-07-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by lilthugbobby
can the magnets be flipped so the magnets would push the trigger back?

yeah you could flip a stack of magnets, but i think that would only aid you in shortstroking.

evil
05-07-2002, 10:25 PM
i "had" a RT(the original) and i loved it to death, but its no electro man the easy of shooting is so good its worth having!

Xzion
05-07-2002, 10:35 PM
As long as you only kept like one or two inverted magnets in to push the trigger back, and there was slack for the trigger rod to actually completely return, it shouldnt cause shortstroking, because the trigger would move with the rod, Im sure the valve has enough pressure to push back against a couple magnets easily enough. what causes the shortstroking, is if you lengthen the rod so far, that it touches the back of the trigger, and wont allow the trigger rod and sear to return to its full start position. the inverted magnets wouldn't interfere with that, not that I'd imagine at least... its certianly worth a try IMO.