PDA

View Full Version : Tom K: SATCO 700 semiauto?

Doc Nickel
05-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Tom- I recently got my hands on a rare, cased, "SATCO 700" semiautomatic marker. It purports to be a limited edition "One of Seven Hundred" and from what little I know, it was made in Ft. Worth Texas in roughly '95.

I recall a PCRI review of it from back then, but I've never heard another word until now.

I pried it apart and did a quickie review here:

http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/satco700.html

It's quite fascinating internally, with several clever little tricks and what must be the Worlds' Most Complex Bolt, and it's very well made.

My question is, any chance you know anything about the gun? Any idea who "RA Williams" is? Clues as to what might have happened to "Sport Arms Technology Company"?

I'd like to flesh out the article a little more, if you can tell me anything more, thanks.

Doc.

bjjb99
05-07-2002, 03:43 PM
Could it be that the O-ring in the ASA served as a sort of check valve, allowing one to change tanks (or 12-grams for that matter) while retaining enough pressure inside the marker for a shot or two?

BJJB

Doc Nickel
05-07-2002, 05:22 PM
Nope. The gun degasses completely, including the bolt and both sides of the regulator, when the tank is removed.

Doc.

thei3ug
05-07-2002, 10:09 PM
H is so very lucky... ever since he mentioned he has one, I've been coveting my neighbor's goods.

AGD
05-07-2002, 10:53 PM
Boy you have a rare one there. I have never seen one before so I can't help much. If I had to guess I think it might have been the 1200 dollar gun sold as a limited edition. If I remember right it was out of Texas. I didn't think they sold any.

There have been a lot of manufacturers that have come and gone on a few prototypes.

AGD

Vegeta
05-08-2002, 07:00 PM
OMG! THAT IS PIMP!

wow talk about intricate. Especialy that bolt.. love how that thing cocks... I might have to incorperate that into a design here..
Yet still haven't decided if I should release these designs in Deep blue.. not sure if thats smart.

the JoKeR
05-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Could that have been the product of somebody who:
1. was afraid of patent infringement?
2. had no idea how any other guns were made so he reverse engineered?
3. wanted to prove that there's another way to do just about anything?
4. worshipped Rube Goldberg?

RobAGD
05-08-2002, 09:01 PM
The guy that built them was in TX, A texas team used them for a while, and loved them I knew a few of the players. They did some R&D work on the gun and cured a few of teh issues, but the cost of the gun was way out of line at the time and what people were willing to pay for it.

PCRI tested 2 of the guns and I asume sent them back.

You can try and get some info from him as he is the editor of Paintball 2 Xtremes.

I wish I could remember the name of that team. A long time internet R.S.P guy named Dave Rothow(sp) who use to the KOtL for TIP used thema nd played for that team.

-Robert

Lifted047
05-09-2002, 08:48 PM
I've never seen one, but could that be some mutation of one? It sort of looks like the inside of the matrix that Ravi took apart, but alot more complicated. I thought I'd throw the idea out there, anyone?:confused:

thei3ug
05-09-2002, 10:36 PM
it's not a spool valve.

It's a variation of a blowback.... a very farfetched version.