PDA

View Full Version : About Shatnerball......

Stingrayman42
05-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Just a quick question. I am thinking about going and was wondering if I flew there how I would get my gun there. Won't the airlines have a hissy fit or something about it? Also what if they were to lose it, wouldn't I just be very screwed? Another thing, can you bring your own paint there? Thanks for the help.

Cha0tic
05-07-2002, 04:42 PM
pack your gun and tank in a protective case, with a lock. make sure the valve on your tank is open. call the airlines ahead of time and let them know that you are bringing a pb gun to be transported on the plane. they shouldn't have a problem with it, and you should be able to check it with your other baggage.

Muzikman
05-07-2002, 05:10 PM
Call it a "Paintball Marker". The word gun will raise that little flag and they will really give it a good looking over. Also, make sure you get there early and have a backup plan such as having it shipped to the hotel or a place like Mailboxes Etc(thats what I am going to do). Do not try to take a full tank or ANY paintballs.

Fred
05-07-2002, 08:28 PM
You're in Minnesota... why fly? :confused:

spazzed
05-07-2002, 08:43 PM
Where is Shatnerball, BTW?

Fred
05-07-2002, 10:06 PM
It's at Challenge Park near Chicago.

lukewmtdew
05-07-2002, 10:29 PM
when is it so i can take off work and how long is it?

MagDog68
05-07-2002, 10:30 PM
First of all, I would most definately tell them it is a paintball gun. In this day and age there is no reason to play with semantics when dealing with airline scurity.

Secondly, I would strip the gun down completely so that even paintball illiterate people can can see it poses no threat as a weapon. I routinely break my gun down like this when I am transporting it for long trips. If you for some crazy reason get pulled over and searched, the last thing you want is a cop to see a "gun" on your person or in your vehicle.

Lastly, empty your tanks and leave the valves open. Carrying empty cylinders on the plane should be no problem.

~Fred

P.S. Though I don't know for sure, I doubt that you can bring your own paint.

P.P.S You can get all the info on this game at www.spplat.com - and an AO Roster is located at Shatnerball Roster... (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34185)

lukewmtdew
05-07-2002, 10:32 PM
when is it and how long?

lukewmtdew
05-07-2002, 10:39 PM
when is it and how long?