PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if this is a problem but...

than205
05-07-2002, 10:54 PM
This is what's posted on a "Local" field/stores web page.
Check out their "Bounce Test":

http://www.pgpaintball.com/dover/techs.html

Does anyone else get bothered that they didn't even mention who originally wrote that piece? Maybe Tom gave them permission?

AGD
05-07-2002, 11:26 PM
No one asked me....

AGD

SlipknotX556
05-07-2002, 11:28 PM
We have a Lawsuit on our hands. Can you say "Pladerisme". That is a serious offense. Stealing from Tom Kaye and all at AGD, now thats a big NO NO!

Gunga
05-08-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Can you say "Pladerisme".

No, but I can say 'plagiarism'. :)

TransMan
05-08-2002, 12:33 AM
hmm seems somewhat familar i know ive seen it befor but where hmmmm hehe :D

than205
05-08-2002, 06:49 AM
It's nice they recommend the Intelliframe in a prior post there and all, but....

I know PGX really wants to become an up and coming biz. I hope they just "forgot" to mention the author and they make the correction. I hope they rectify this properly.

PS - I have been keeping them posted of this.

shartley
05-08-2002, 07:09 AM
Yes, that bothers me as well… you ALWAYS list source, even if you don’t get “permission” to post it.

To post it does not actually require permission from Tom, it falls under Educational Use as it is used. However, it does cause problems by NOT clearly stating where it came from, since NOT doing so makes it look like it was HIS “tech tip”… which it clearly is not.

shartley
05-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Anyone want to get a good laugh? Check out their "Get Sponsored" page.

http://www.pgpaintball.com/sponsorme.html

This is NOT “sponsorship”, it is a Membership, which is VASTLY different. And this is simple stuff… come on. Are they a bunch of rich kids with too much time on their hands? And they wonder why they have had problems in the past? Reference their About Us Page:

P.G.X. has gone through many hoops in the past three years.
We started off small and did the best we could to keep our
prices low. We flew to different parts of the country to get certified when we
were broke! We we're forced to move our location because of greedy landlords.
We had fields shut down because of narrow minded townspeople. We had the rug
pulled out from under us at the last minute (four times) when trying to find a field to
call home! We got robbed once, yelled at by anti gun people and we, (unknowingly
and unintentionally) forced Walmart to change their return policies. =)

There are many GOOD paintball fields and shops in New England and New Hampshire, and why is it that THEY did not have so many problems? GOOD QUESTION! They (other fields and shops) also present a nice professional image, which is needed to further the sport in the public eye.

From all I keep hearing about these guys, and reading on their own site, I would not put them on my “Got to visit” list… at least not in a good way. People wonder why Paintball does not have the best image? Well.. this is a good example. A little bit of professionalism goes a LONG way. I can only sit back and shake my head.

Thordic
05-08-2002, 12:00 PM
This Tech Tip courtesy of: Tom Kaye
For more Automag Tech Tips check out http://www.automags.org

He added that to the bottom.

shartley
05-08-2002, 12:02 PM
Yes... he did... but do you think by CHOICE? ;)

I will leave it at that... I am not impressed with these guys, to say the least.

Thordic
05-08-2002, 12:11 PM
Of course he did it by "choice", but I figured he was "encouraged" to do so.

shartley
05-08-2002, 12:12 PM
LOL VERY true.... you sound like ME now. :D:D:D