PDA

View Full Version : Angel vs. Matrix

Lockawam
05-08-2002, 04:17 PM
I just got into an arguement with somebody about which is better angels or matrixes. I would just like to see who thinks what gun would be better.

oneshot
05-08-2002, 05:39 PM
they are both nice guns, the matrix needs some upgrades out of the box, and is some what of a gas hog, but after the upgrades it is just as good as an angel,but a angel is ready to rock right out of the box

but they both are nice,

Bartleby
05-08-2002, 06:08 PM
i think a good idea would be to post a thread like this in the angel owners forum as well, just to see what they have say about the subject. now, obviously you will get a bit of a biased opinion, but you may also get some more information to back up the opinions.

FeelTheRT
05-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Angel defenetly...

Which more reliable? Angel!
which has a lower profile? Angel!
Which has the looks? Angel!
Which has the efficancy? Angel!
Which dosn't need to be stripped to be lubed every week? Angel!
Ok i can give Matrix the accuracy but over all, the Angel is a much better all around gun than the Matrix. Besides, if you want a super LP gun that has almost no kick, look into the AKA Viking. It's about $50 more than a Matrix but its well worth it! They are prtty much open bolt Excalibures.

Quiet
05-08-2002, 08:05 PM
Like the stickers say

"Angels only suck if you can't afford them"
and
"The matrix sucks even if you can afford it"

DryIce
05-08-2002, 09:38 PM
matrix is better
and you dont need to relube it everyweek
hardly even every month

steveg
05-09-2002, 05:53 AM
I can afford an Angel got a Matrix
takes me about 5 min to strip,clean,grease and reassemble
BIG DEAL.

The LCD Matrix (any day now) will have the improved bolt so
efficiency is good out of the box.

A bolt reg (trinity) does almost eliminate chopping but is
not mandatory.

What I don't have are any stickers

TransMan
05-09-2002, 09:40 AM
im gonna go with angel on this one

mac2k4
05-09-2002, 03:40 PM
both are great guns, i would rather take a matrix cause i don't have one though.

Scorch
05-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Side by side there is no comparison.

The Matrix (especially one in the same price range as an Angel) embarrases the WDP marker.

Quieter, smoother shooting, Faster (stupidly fast!).

Gas efficiency is certainly the 'trix weak point but not unreasonably so for a tourney player. The weight diff is really not worth stressing over. How many front guys have played with shockers or RT's....

I won't consider another Angel. One of the new gen of Aardvark Matrixes could find its way into my hands. ;)

I don't think I have seen a highend marker as easy to open up and maintain as the 'trix. Anyone that doesn't think they need to maintain or simply doesn't maintain their maker with extreme regularity is a fool.

Scorch

jim on pafs
05-11-2002, 12:10 AM
I am the one he got into the argument with, I am the matrix promoter. - here is our arguement, and believe me, it is not the only one we have had on this topic. - http://www.paintballarmory.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2390&perpage=15&pagenumber=1