PDA

View Full Version : hpa systems......

Otter
05-08-2002, 05:55 PM
I guess I'm not understanding the point? Why would you buy a adjustable tank? I read in the faq section operating level should be 800psi. Anything lower could/would cause rapid-fire velocity drop off. Am I right so far? So why regulate it when the valve has a built in regulater that drops it down to 300-400 psi (i think). The reason I ask it the preset tanks are alot cheaper than adjustable ones. Just wondering? Also what kind of tanks do you guys recommend. If I'm mistaken on any of this please correct me. Knowledge is power. tx..

Bartleby
05-08-2002, 06:05 PM
an adjustable tank is a good idea for a number of reasons. for one, usually the regulator on adjustable tanks are of a higher quality than those of the preset. second, if a person owns a number of different guns that range from high to low presure, then they can adjust the output presure on the tank rather than buying one tank for every presure range they need. and finally, with the retro valve or the rt pro, the trigger has what is called the "reactive trigger". basically, the trigger "bounces" back and allows for higher rates of fire. with an adjustable tank, you can change the amount of "reactiveness" the trigger gives, thus altering the feel of the gun making it easier for a player to find the "sweetspot" of the trigger. hope this helps.