PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Air Spewing out the back of the regulator!!!

striker
05-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I've got another problem. Probably my doing. Anyway, I'm new to mags, don't have a manual or video, and hence my conflict. I've got a game this Saturday, so I'd like it fixed by then. Here's the deal.

My mag was working fine today, but I realized the velocity was low, so I attempeted to adjust it. Not knowing what to do, and only having a vauge idea, I foolishly adjusted the screw on the back of the regulator out a bit. That only made the gun leak out the back of the regulator in an odd fashion (from what I remember, the air went: Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, until I immediatly turned the air supply off). then I adjusted it in some more. Unforturnatly, that only made the air completely spew out the back of the regulator, out the hole in the screw where the allen key goes. Dumbfounded, I unscrewed the back nut completely, to find it oozing with "grease" I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be, so I just cleaned it up a little, and left it. Now, I have no clue how to fix it, or what to do, so I'm calling on the AO guru's to help me once again. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

a_malfunction
05-08-2002, 11:41 PM
The nut on the back ove the valve is the velocity adjustor. Turn it in for higher velocity and uncrew it to lower the velocity. The leak you are describing happens when you have ajusted your velocity too high. It is a pressure release system. It prevents the gun from shooting too hot. Turn it down and you'll be fine. Remember that a small turn of the nut can lead to big changes in velocity! Oh, and the grease is from the spring pack.... It likes grease, lots of it! :)

Cha0tic
05-09-2002, 05:50 AM
there is supposed to be some sort of automotive grease on the spring pack inside the velocity adjuster. it is just to keep the parts clean. when you screw your adjuster back in, turn it until it gets hard to turn, then turn it one more time. remember, 1 turn can mean a 100fps difference in the velocity.