PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Contest Addition GIRLS!!

AGD
05-09-2002, 07:51 AM
AO,

We are strongly encouraging you to include a pic of a hot female player in the billboard design. Also remember that people will only see this for 5 seconds so don't put a lot of text in it.

AGD

bofh
05-09-2002, 07:57 AM
Great, Now I have a use for my Paintball player on fire picture! :)

beam
05-09-2002, 08:25 AM
Aw man....your selling out! Going the sex route. :( Just try to make sure that the "girl" has enough clothes on!

Panzerr
05-09-2002, 08:43 AM
Flashing a hot chick is the best way to catch the eye...

Fred
05-09-2002, 09:01 AM
just when I thought AGD was NOT going to sell their stuff by any means other than superior engineering...

Come on Tom, let's not go there...

Army
05-09-2002, 09:12 AM
Fred!

Hot female=superior engineering!

skipdogg
05-09-2002, 09:17 AM
i think Tom needs to "go there" more often

TransMan
05-09-2002, 09:23 AM
umm i think u should make sure they have the least amount of cloths possible and hot chicks sell stuff

mag_pbg
05-09-2002, 09:48 AM
Good marketing plan Tom, everybody knows sex sells! We need some bikini shots!

wyn1370
05-09-2002, 09:56 AM
use the old army in a bikini pics

shartley
05-09-2002, 09:57 AM
I think some people need to think about where this will be placed and WHY. Sure you can use good looking girls, but they should be used tastefully…. Show some class, yet still good looking. You want to appeal to ALL audiences, not just young men and teenage boys.

I think if you sell “fun” and “class” as well as “quality” you will satisfy all demographics. I think if you can combine some sort of action shots as well as still poses showing a pretty face while wearing the proper paintball clothing, you will send a much better image.. and it will STILL sell sex.. thus the pretty face.

cphilip
05-09-2002, 10:00 AM
Get Keely to do a nice one?

bofh
05-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by shartley
poses showing a pretty face while wearing the proper paintball clothing, you will send a much better image.. and it will STILL sell sex.. thus the pretty face.

A pretty face in proper paintball clothing is behind a mask. :)

Unless you're suggesting the "shopgoggle" technique that most TV shows use :)

shartley
05-09-2002, 10:25 AM
Actually, you did not quote me as I said it. ;)

I think if you can combine some sort of action shots as well as still poses showing a pretty face while wearing the proper paintball clothing,
Of course with ACTION shots the face mask is down.. but for stills (as was mentioned) you do not have to have the mask down. You put on a barrel plug or condom and pull up the mask to show the face. ;)

Army
05-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Sarah? Amy Low? Capo? Lizza? Should be at least a Mag user, if not owner.

My bikini pics don't show MY Emag.......

shartley
05-09-2002, 10:30 AM
THAT could be remedied! ;) :D:D:D

bofh
05-09-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Actually, you did not quote me as I said it. ;)

Of course with ACTION shots the face mask is down.. but for stills (as was mentioned) you do not have to have the mask down. You put on a barrel plug or condom and pull up the mask to show the face. ;)

As normal, you're right. I parsed the sentance wrong.

Patron God of Pirates
05-09-2002, 10:37 AM
well?

shartley
05-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Bah.. don’t worry about it. I know you were not trying to be mean, and you were not rude in any way. Poo happens. (I just HAD to throw that word in again.. LOL)

Jonno06
05-09-2002, 11:31 AM
I think you should kinda use the idea that Hyper Sport Works had....The one with the female holding the shocker to cover up her "upper regions"...maybe someone could pose for a pic like that with an emag???????

graycie
05-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Army
Sarah? Amy Low? Capo? Lizza? Should be at least a Mag user, if not owner.

i neither own or use a mag

wyn1370
05-09-2002, 11:58 AM
do another amy pic like the one from maxim.

Army
05-09-2002, 12:50 PM
Yes Amy, but you love Tom, and you love AGD, and you love all of us, and you do have a known player reputation, which makes all of us love you:)

Afterall, no team looked half as good in skirts as the Fallen Angels did:D

Kaiser Bob
05-09-2002, 01:21 PM
For some reason I dont see Sarah hopping in a bikini and posing for a billboard... dunno why. :confused: :D As far as the 'sex' advertising being to narrow, WDP has used ad techniques that border on disgusting and it dosent seem to be hurting their sales any.

shartley
05-09-2002, 01:30 PM
As far as the 'sex' advertising being to narrow, WDP has used ad techniques that border on disgusting and it dosent seem to be hurting their sales any.
This is true.. they DO sell a lot. But the real question is, would they sell more if they showed a bit more class? Good question! I would be willing to bet that it would not hurt their sales one bit to get rid of the skanks and classless crap. In fact, I would be willing to bet that they would keep their current market as well as potentially gain more.. I know for one, that my Wife (and other females in the paintball world) find that stuff unacceptable, and thus would not support the company because of it.

And I don’t recall anyone saying NOT to use the power of “sex” to sell.. just to do it with class. And there are many examples of how to do it right… WDP is not one of them. They don’t sell “sex” they sell smut… big difference. And if AGD followed that direction they would not do so with my support. I have always thought AGD had more class than that… I am sure they will not prove me wrong.

Chupas2
05-09-2002, 02:32 PM
Hey Tom you know we have alot of pics of female players playing. Some are more tasteful then others but there is alot. We also have alot of the Femmes and Lady T&A playing. :p :D :) ;) :rolleyes:

P.S. I'm going to get blazed for this but oh well. Shartley do you just like to debate everything that's posted on AO. Every idea someone has you have to write a book on why there point isn't a good idea.

wyn1370
05-09-2002, 02:37 PM
dang it chupas, I think you need to share with the group.

cphilip
05-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by graycie

i neither own or use a mag

You can use mine...any time... http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/madgrin.gif

MantisMag
05-09-2002, 04:26 PM
i think an outline of a chick holding a mag would be cool. something a little Bondesque. plus nobody can really complain too much. there's nothing to see. just a silhouette. it'll still catch your eye though. and then there's the recognition factor from all the 007 fans.

FooTemps
05-09-2002, 05:26 PM
how bout an anime chick? I draw those for my comic!!!

graycie
05-10-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Army
Yes Amy, but you love Tom, and you love AGD, and you love all of us, and you do have a known player reputation, which makes all of us love you

Army, thanks but,i hope you are not confusing me with the previously mentioned Amy

Originally posted by cphilip
You can use mine...any time...

....you scare me....

Originally posted by MantisMag
i think an outline of a chick holding a mag would be cool. something a little Bondesque.

didn't kingman all ready use that idea for a print ad?