PDA

View Full Version : crossing the canadian border

wyn1370
05-09-2002, 09:57 AM
has anyone had any issues with getting their equipment into and out of canada lately?

shartley
05-09-2002, 10:02 AM
Not to my knowledge. Boarder guards are not idiots. ;)

You should be fine crossing.

Fred
05-09-2002, 10:03 AM
where are you going in Canada to play??? Wasauga beach?

I think if you keep it locked up in the back, all seperate, and if you take stuff apart that can be... you should be fine.

I don't think paintball markers classify as firearms, just call them markers if asked.

Just make sure you don't have any modeling clay labeled C4... ask Wayne Dollack about that... :)

---Fred

wyn1370
05-09-2002, 10:11 AM
I've been contracted by Lear to go shoot up some of their suppliers with them. It's somewhere in Windsor, don't know the name of the field.

a_malfunction
05-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Lear as in Lear corporate jets?

Potatoboy
05-09-2002, 10:17 AM
We went through the tunnel for Shatnerball on the bus.

The border patrol reccomended when I called to just make sure you have it in a closed case in the trunk, with no air or rounds.

And make sure you declare it at customs as a paintball marker.

wyn1370
05-09-2002, 10:27 AM
Should it even be declared? I'm afriad I'll run into the one guard that has never heard of paintball before and be stuck in customs for hours.
a_malfunction,
yes Lear as in the jets (just one of the many things they do, my friend that got me to go works on some ford contracts).

tranman
05-09-2002, 05:06 PM
if the field is in Windsor, it must be Diehard Paintball...its the only place around there thats open as of now...

Quiet
05-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Don't sweat it, the border isn't to hard to cross if you're a citizen of either Can or US. As long as you are honest with them you'll have no problems. Make sure you don't have long pauses in answering their questions, they red flag people who do. I've been held up at customs and immigration before its no big deal.

bofh
05-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Hmm, from personal experience, I can tell you the tunnel to Windsor, does not consider Shovels to be weapons.

I know this because, when asked if I had any weapons in my truck, I answered "Does a shovel count?" The answer was "No, please pull over to the side."

That is just a small part of the "How I got thrown out of Canada." story.

Jonno06
05-09-2002, 08:02 PM
LOL......i think he should tell us the rest of the story i a different thread,or even this one!

yea,customs should know what it is......if they arent morons...

StuDawggie
05-09-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
yea,customs should know what it is......if they arent morons...

You obviously haven't gone thru the detroit tunnel...
First (and only)time I went over to canada I got tied up with the customs guy trying to explain the whole game, the basics of the marker, before he called a supervisor over to look at the marker, and decide that it wasn't a "real firearm". I was tied up there for about 20 minutes, fortunately when I came back the guy was cool about it and asked me for all sorts of specs on my marker since he was a "baller himself". So really it depends on if the guy (or chick) in the boot wants to be a jerk or not.

Quiet
05-10-2002, 06:46 PM
That's all fun. Although some of them are ANAL those usually aren't the ones with any real authority. I've benn strip searched and had my car rumaged through, I think they just look for your reaction when they do it, if you look calm or just annoyed your fine, if you start acting scared, Out comes the rubber gloves!!!

StuDawggie
05-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
That's all fun.... Out comes the rubber gloves!!!

Yeah rubber gloves can be fun with border patrol, as long as they buy me dinner first, are gentle and use enough... Opps better not go there webby might get mad...

Speaking of rubber gloves has anyone ever been so bored in a hospital or other setting where they had access to the gloves that they made a bunch of rubber glove head people, or rubber glove chickens/turkeys? (just wondering since I'm starting med school in July and wonder if they would get mad if I did that to give patients a little grin)

spazzed
05-10-2002, 11:11 PM
I used to do that at my old work! Twas lots of fun!!

Stu: Good Luck! You gonna be the next Patch Adams? ;-)