PDA

View Full Version : Quick trigger job and more accuracy

Krom-One
05-09-2002, 10:26 AM
Could anyone enlighten me on the possibility of tricking out my mag to have a lighter trigger pull? I have a standard minimag with a standard valve system. I would really appreciate some feedback on this matter. I've seen aftermarket items such as the z valve and stuff. I just want to know whats the best way to go.

Also, I find that my minimag isn't as consistent as I would like it to be in terms of accuracy. I have a J&J ceramic ands worked wonders for the accuracy vs. the stock barrel, but I'm just not feeling accurate all the time. If it's paint, would someone know where to find stats on a J&J barrel.

These maybe some newb questions, my apollogies. :cool:

a_malfunction
05-09-2002, 10:44 AM
As far as a lighter pull, your best bet is to get 2x frame and shoot it alot. You'll get nice and quick with it.

From what I hear, some people have pretty good results with the z valve, and others dont even work. I do know, from personal experience, that other aftermarket on/offs (reactor, etc...) dont do anything. Some say the Z is different, but Ive never tried one. I would save the $40 and buy some more paint.

And if your gun isnt consistant, make sure your reg seat is clean, well lubed, and in good shape and that your paint matches your barrel. I think that J&J barrels are a little on the small side, so get some small bore paint. Oh, and just for good measure, change your reg seat and then dont uncrew the valve halves until you start getting inconsistant again.

Krom-One
05-09-2002, 10:50 AM
I've been looking for a straight blade 2x trigger for the mag, but I haven't had any luck. I will try that though. Thanks.

As far as the mags shooting. It's all ways been consistent. It's just the accuracy sometimes faulters. I'll see about some smaller paint and go from there. Thanks man.

a_malfunction
05-09-2002, 10:59 AM
You can get a blade trigger with the Intelliframe.

Krom-One
05-09-2002, 01:36 PM
hmm.... I'll have to see if my local store carries them. Thanks man.

-Xugg-
05-09-2002, 05:07 PM
The best trigger job is the one that comes with the gun stock, period.

The only thing I would suggest is a 2x Trigger frame. All the techniques that ive tried have cause nothing but problems.