PDA

View Full Version : help plz. Wood grips? Armson 10 in barrel?

yellowducky
05-09-2002, 03:12 PM
hey everyone!

I'm going to buy an automag classic (no powerfeed) and I have some questions. I play woods only, i don't get to play a whole lot, but love being aggressive/get dirty when playing.
Are wood grips made out of wood (i really don't think they are but just to be sure) and do you like them, or is the Dye 45 sticky grip the best by far? And, should I get the 10 inch Armson Pro Series barrel or an All American (14 inch probably). I know All American makes awsome barrels but a guy at my paintball store said the Armson Pro Series was the best he's seen for that gun. Also, about how many shots would a 47ci 3000psi tank get (I know it depends on temperature)?

Thanks for reading this.

FrAuStY
05-09-2002, 04:23 PM
Some wood grips are made from real wood. They normally say Plastic or natural. The DYE hogue stickies are the most comforatble I've found. The armson pro-series is a decent barrel. If you're mainly using it for rec ball (In the woods) either barrel should do you fine. Also.. with air.. or nitrogen. Temperature doesn't affect # of shots or pressure. You would probably get about 400-600 shots depending on paint to barrel match and efficiency of the barrel.

BTW... WELCOME TO AO! :D

Tyril
05-09-2002, 06:28 PM
I had an armson for a while on my Tippy, and loved it. However, the AA is a beautiful creation. I would check bore sizes with the paint you'll be shooting (either field paint or cheap BYOP) and pick the one that fits best!

-Mike