PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed Problems

Bunny
05-09-2002, 08:25 PM
*sigh* It all start when i finally recieved my warp feed two days ago, it was a rejoice thing. But then i open it and then i try to put the powerfeed on. I got a tippmann m98(dont flame...hate thos people that do..) and it didnt fit the elbow. So then i had to goto my local proshop and look for a proteam adapter...well tho's dont fit on M98's either...So much for the 99% of guns work with it. Why does the M98 have to be that 1% The world may never no. So I get home and the next problem was that my drop and the warp adapter thing was way to thick. So my stock screws were to short so I can't even mount the warp feed. So later on that night i was doing the hose through the hopper mod. And i pick up the warp and the 9v connector ripped off. I will admit it was probably me that messed it up. But geez that adapter things r sooo long. So then i didnt no wah to do because i'm stupid. So the next day I solder it together. Now that works again!! I get home and test it out. It turns on. But then the warp would sense me shaking it. So take off the back thing and then play with the jumpers and throughly read the manual again and again. I also played with the blue knob. It would just keep spinning. So I post a ? about it on Pbnation.com and this guy said something about a sping and if i dont have that it cant sense it. Im wonder if that is the case. I just had to get some steam out because im not having any luck with the warp other then snickers from my friends saying BS about how I payed for something that doesnt work and other stuff. I trust the quality of AGD stuff but the 9v connectors r pretty fragile. I no it was my fault but they look like they r connected by 2 wires that are about to fall off. If you got any suggestions just reply. After 2 days and alot of problems and 160 bucks into this idk wah to do.

virus
05-09-2002, 09:24 PM
hmm... lets see...

first for the motor on the warp there is a short burnin that needs to be done.... take a 9v and turn the sensitivity all the way so it just runs on its own.... now let it kill that battery... this is done so the brushes in the motor wear in so they dont keep the warp running all the time or longer then it should.......

screws for the mounting bracket.... as you got to see first hand.... most people need longer ones.....

the batt connecter.... yup its fraile.... from your post.... i get your ok with sodering so changing that out for a more ridgid connecter shouldnt be a problem for you.....

no for the M98.... gotta luv the them built in elbows.... the PTP adapter should work... did you try fitting the smaller end into the elbow on the m98.... the warp hose should be able to go into either end of the adapter.....

also there should have been a coupon with your warp for a 90° adapter from AGD sayin it was good for when they came back out.... well they are out and i belive there is a thread in the main section with insturctions for getting it... basicly your info with the coupon mailed to them... and the address is listed in the post... if you cant find it just send an email off to AGD askin what you need to do as long as your have your coupon.....

on a final note just go over the directions for the warp... it explains the burnin i talked about earlier that it needs....

MrMag
05-09-2002, 09:34 PM
no offense or anything, but doesnt the m98 not even shoot fast enough to need the warp?

RobAGD
05-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Ok several things. I know this is going to sound weird coming from me of all people, but for the love of god reread your message and see if its even in english ?

Next, The PTP power feed and the AGD Power Feed together will make it work quite well, if you want to keep the feed hose on the right side of teh gun you can get the Lapco direct feed adapter and use the AGD plastic power feed on that.

On a M98 you really dont need to put a hole in your hopper, the hose shoudl be out of teh way enough so that is not an issue.

And I have dont maybe 20 m98 installs, all of them I belive on RT or Electro Tippys. There is nothing quite like an RT Tippy jacked all the warp up with a Warp and Halo ripping paint, its quite funny.

-Robert

ps - ill see if I can find a pic t post of one of teh gun set ups I have done on the 98.

than205
05-10-2002, 06:41 AM
It does sound like you are missing the contact springs.
If you had to remove the control board to solder the battery connector back on it's likely they got lost.
They are very small springs that make contact between the board and sensor.
For reference go here:
http://www.airgun.com/downloads/warpexploded1.pdf

Bunny
05-10-2002, 08:16 PM
heh sorry one day I will talk in proper english. But thanks for all the help. I'm going to order a couple springs and other parts. I've learned alot about the warp in the last two days:P And m98 Rt's rock!!! gotta love them.

virus
05-10-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by MrMag
no offense or anything, but doesnt the m98 not even shoot fast enough to need the warp?

it may not be a matter as to weather or not it can fire fast enough to jusitfy a warp.... but its one way to get the blimp off the top of the marker in any case