PDA

View Full Version : 68 classic body problems

finchrock98
05-09-2002, 08:47 PM
My friend who had this gun, threw it against a tree cause he had anger managment problems, and i had to replace the grip sear and powerfeed. I got a new grip and a sear is in the mail, but as for the powerfeed, it is completley off the body, does anyone know if it can be welded back on? Cause i dont feel like buying a new one. Im already 80$ in the whole and have no job.

virus
05-09-2002, 09:10 PM
as for welding it back on.... myself, i wouldn't.....

getting a new body though..... if you dont mind a blemished body the airgun store has some for $50....

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=5&ObjectGroup_ID=28

nothing wrong with them but hte finish.... gives that used look straight from the factory

chw32587
05-10-2002, 01:31 PM
im gonna order one of the blemished one pretty soon like as in a day or two... im just hopin there gonna still look good..

Quiet
05-11-2002, 06:25 PM
I'd also look at the classifieds forum, somebody might be unloading something

drx975
05-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Get the "blemished one" and sand it, and polish it to a chrome finish.

Get 220 grit waterproof sand paper and sand the body down but dont put too much pressure. Do this under water, and get all the dings out (look for them now becuase you will see them later, I myself have trouble getting them out). Sand for awhile like 30 min. Dry it and get some 400 grit, waterproof paper and sand it until its pretty damn shiny. Make sure its even. Then get 600 grit waterproof and do the same thing. Then get some automotive wet/dry (waterproof this means i think) 1000, 2000, and i think they have 3000 grit, closed coat sand paper. This should polish it really shiny. I havent gotton a chance to try the automotive stuff, but the 400 + 600 sand paper are really working well already. Do this all under running water.

good luck