PDA

View Full Version : to glove or not to glove...

RT_Luver
05-10-2002, 06:41 PM
that is the question. My friends put me in charge of picking out team jersey's and stuff, and so far I've gotten the jerseys and pants. I wanna know if anyone here ACTUALLY see anything in gloves and what do they actually do besides cover your hands up. thanks

FrAuStY
05-10-2002, 06:51 PM
I wear gloves because I hate getting nabbed in the knuckle, or in the filet mignon (soft meaty part between yourfingers close to your hand) Other than that.. it just feels more cumfy! :)

Quiet
05-10-2002, 06:57 PM
Sometimes I wear gloves
Sometimes I don't wear gloves

Depends on my mood

Panzerr
05-10-2002, 07:02 PM
(not)They make you a better player.(/not)

I find them to be anoying. Just one more thing to buy, clean, and remember to pack.

Load SM5
05-10-2002, 07:06 PM
I wear a cheapo pair of JT gloves with the fingers cut off. I like the back of the hand protection but I like the feel of by finger tips on the trigger.

HoppysMag
05-10-2002, 07:16 PM
i use a pair of ECKO gloves.. i likem alot. they are skating gloves so the fingers and bach side of your hand have small plastic pannels. they will protect your hand with out being bulky.

SlipknotX556
05-10-2002, 08:16 PM
I use Dye gloves. I only wear them because I dont like getting hit in the hand. Its really annoying, later on in the day, your hand is all soar, so you cant shoot that good.

Army
05-10-2002, 08:46 PM
I'm a wuss, finger hits hurt!

Right now I'm using Mechanix gloves, because they have a large patch of stiff rubber across the knuckles and back.

I hate to get hit in the hand, and then try to be precise with the trigger! It don't work:)

Wc Keep
05-10-2002, 08:51 PM
i hate getting paint all over my hands. so i wear gloves. but i feel a bit bulkier when i wear gloves so it slows down my trigger finger. so i dont like to wear gloves but i still do.

oneshot
05-10-2002, 09:06 PM
got to agree with load on this one, gloves with the fingers cut off. Need to feel the trigger with the finger tips.

When ever I don't were gloves I always seem to get shot in the hand, and end up bleeding all over the place.:D

InfinatyBPS
05-10-2002, 10:07 PM
thanks for steeling my sig quote :p

Croix71
05-10-2002, 10:11 PM
After I saw a friend get hit in the knuckles I started wearing gloves (finger tips cut). Never stopped wearing `em. :D

InfinatyBPS
05-10-2002, 10:12 PM
oh ya and I have gloves but I dont like wearing them because they are annoying and i can't feel what im holding and stuff...

spazzed
05-10-2002, 10:13 PM
You ppl are gonna love this one... I wear a pair of BE gloves, cut-off @ the mid-nuckle. They're really comfy & have good protection too.

Sledgehammer
05-10-2002, 11:30 PM
I use JT.no-finger-gloves.

Jack_Dubious
05-11-2002, 01:22 AM
No glove, no love...er....nevermind.. :P

I played one day without gloves and i got tagged on the palms on both hands....and they both broke the skin. Blue paint with red blood mixed in.

Other than that tho, i like the feel of my gun with gloves. Definately half finger gloves, better to feel the trigger, and when i reach into my pocket for some money for a fill.

JDub

kutter
05-11-2002, 08:20 AM
I did not look at where everyone lived but I know down here in south florida, if I don't wear gloves then my hands get very slick from sweat and old paint.

So for me its not even an option, in fact I went to play a few weeks ago and forgot mine(I actually wear an old pair of mountain biking gloves) and I almost dropped my Micro.

Hand hits hurt, true, but more importantly I hate looking like and idiot as I dive into a bunker and leave my gun outside of it:eek:

ZSigErik
05-11-2002, 11:47 AM
I love gloves, i wear em all the time, wheter im driving, or going out, i just love gloves. and paintball gloves are the best kind.

I wear JT Premiers and they actually HELP me shoot better, because the end threading gets caught in my finger nail(*which i dont cut for this purpose*) and it actually pulls my finger back or makes it snap. I know that sounds weird, but I just found it worked for me.

Either way, I choose gloves, cuz they give me better grip, in my opinion, on the gun and also look perty with the right jersey...

automagruss
05-11-2002, 03:47 PM
goves are another part of safty equipment. i wear a pair of mechanics gloves cause the snap-on guy had them and they say a little more about me than a pair of jt gloves. i have never had the misfortune to take a hit in the hand without them. and when playing in the woods they help too move thorn bushes out of my bunker

theraidenproject
05-11-2002, 04:35 PM
I've never wornthem, but I should pick up a pair for those really cold days, because I don't have a pair and almost got frostbite, once. I'll get some in late fall, but it's too warm now.

TransMan
05-12-2002, 02:06 PM
gloves all the way

FutureMagOwner
05-12-2002, 05:59 PM
i only wear a glove on my left hand because that one is the one in front and most likely to get shot(from the front you would either hit my hand of my nuematics on my cocker) of course the one game i didnt wear a glove on my rand i got nailed right in the wrist wear the glove covers it(right in the freaking pulse too and ithe ball didnt break:o )

Jonno06
05-12-2002, 06:17 PM
i wear my gloves...JT POWER gloves.They keep my hands warm....and it gives me more grip on my gun,and protection

i can also shoot faster with gloves on...

HoppysMag
05-12-2002, 08:18 PM
Jonno, you live in florida. you dont need to be kept warm... LOL.:D

X-Plosive
05-12-2002, 08:39 PM
Umm, I wear gloves, it makes wiping paint off really easy, The palms in JT gloves are real absorbant. When you're playing games back to back and don't have time to go back to the dead box you just whipe off any old hits. Finger hits are pretty painful as well, isn't 300 FPS the limit BECAUSE any high velocity may cause damage to your fingers? Ofcourse 300 fps is only muzzle velocity. Ohhh and my palms sweat sometimes so it helps me keep a firm grip on everything, specially when running with a z-grip.

Creative Mayhem
05-12-2002, 10:19 PM
gloves yes...... JT premier good I love the feel and "not" the feel. as for the sweat part, they breathe well but then again it doesn't matter what type of glove you have, they're gonna get sweaty and dirty. my .02

Zygote
05-12-2002, 10:23 PM
The field strip screw on the intelliframe rubs against the skin at the base of my thumb unless I wear gloves. I haven't gotten a blister yets but it leaves a nice painful bruise.

Clare
05-13-2002, 10:51 AM
for some reason I have a knack for constantly being shot in my left hand (mostly my knuckles), I wouldn't play without gloves that's for sure! :rolleyes:

FrAuStY
05-13-2002, 10:53 AM
X-plosive, yes.. anything over 300 fps and ou run the risk of breaking a finger bone. Gloves should be considered as safety equipment. The incident that led me to wearing gloves (now everytime I play, they are on my hands) was in the woods. I was standing about 20 feet from the oppsing team when BAM!! One person shot me right square in the back of the hand. Now I'm not a husky fella (kinda thin actually) and this close range hit on bare skin bursted the vein that runs across the back of your hand to delivered fresh blood to your fingers. I had a half-dollar sized bruise for over a week. Needless to say it was so painfull I couldn't even pull the trigger of my mag. I had to pack my $H&T up and go home. I also think the guy who shot me was shooting kinda hot. He was using Co2 and it was 90* outside in the shade. Regardless.. I NEVER play without them now.

TheTramp
05-13-2002, 10:55 AM
That field strip screw is exactly why I started wearing gloves. I did get a blister. Now I wear them even if I'm not shooting my Mag.

xmetal2001
05-13-2002, 09:03 PM
if its cold, then wear gloves(even though they barely help). Otherwise, dont

j_gets
05-14-2002, 07:49 AM
Gloves are a must every single time. They're not expensive and add a ton in the way of comfort and protection. My personal choice is a pair of Raven Inferno half finger gloves. They were only like $15, and look cool as hell too. I don't play without them. If I accidentally left them home, I'd buy a new pair before I'd try to play with naked hands. If I were to buy a new pair though, I'd probably get a pair of full-fingered ones and wear a (new) full on the left and an (old) half on the right, unless I were to find the fulls were comfortable for me to shoot with.

J

athomas
05-14-2002, 07:51 AM
Getting hit on the hand is very painfull. Gloves help absorb some of the impact.

I highly recommend gloves.

AGD-Acolyte
05-14-2002, 12:32 PM
I definitely prefer to wear gloves. Not only does it take most of the sting out of those annoying knuckle shots, but if you get the right ones, they can improve your grip on the gun. I actually use a pair of winter golfing gloves. They are lightweight, cheap and have a great textured grip.

ShooterJM
05-14-2002, 02:42 PM
Been hit in the fingers too many times not to wear gloves.

I usually wear jetski racing gloves (thin thin palms and thick neoprene top).

71 LS6
05-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Neverused to wear gloves, but I did the other day and they were great. Especially when I got two other guys' knuckles to bleed, because they weren't wearing any

Timmee
05-14-2002, 04:12 PM
Actually, I wear a pair of half finger weight lifting gloves. They're mesh on the back side, and leather on the palm side. Light, durable, and doesn't make my hands sweat. I've been hit on the hands while wearing them, and they don't hurt. Oh, btw, they're like $7 at Wal-Mart. :cool:

Kaiser Bob
06-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Ick, I hate the feel of wearing gloves, its detaches you from the gun. Id take 'bareback' and risk a hand hit over a glove anyday.

PS- Yes ive been hit in the hand many times, and id still rather not wear gloves.

MagKoko
06-08-2002, 02:09 AM
*first post:D *

I wear gloves. First time out, got hit 4 times on one hand in one round. Bled all over the place, and i had to sit out a round so we could tape it up and stuff.... never again. Cept yesterday... that doesn't count :p

LittMag
06-08-2002, 02:16 AM
Gloves are a must for me. Last time out my buddy got his nuckles all cut up from one hit.

obsolete898
06-08-2002, 02:34 AM
Only when it's cold. My hands don't hurt that much when they get hit, don't know why. I've tried them and I hate when you get paint on the palm and it's all gross and slimy.

mykroft
06-08-2002, 02:09 PM
I use RaceFace mountain biking gloves, the ones with mild armor on the back and these little sticky patches on tip of the index and middle fingers, they really help with keeping your fingers in the right place on the trigger. Oh, and they look cooler than anything JT or DYE makes, cheaper too.

SyntaxError
06-09-2002, 12:11 PM
I wear gloves after having one of my fingernails cracked and pretty much crushed off a bunker move.

JT premieres are pretty nice, as are the DYE core division gloves