PDA

View Full Version : Freak System!!!

FNilsen
05-11-2002, 06:42 AM
I was going to buy a freak system but do i really need all those inserts. I was once told i really only need 3 of them. Small,medium,large Bore. Is this right any info i would be greatful. Please pot here or email me at Fra7931@aol.com. Thank You.

Croix71
05-11-2002, 08:46 AM
I'd say first look at the different types of paint you are going to use. Next, try using the following chart as a reference.

http://shireonline.com/technical/barrels/

Then decide which sleeves you would need.

Hope this helps. :D

FNilsen
05-11-2002, 08:48 AM
Croix71 thank you for the info that looks very good thank you so much!!!!!!!

tysonmachado
05-11-2002, 09:05 AM
You might only need three of the inserts, but you might as well buy the whole kit. If you buy the parts separately, front, back, and three inserts, it cost just as much as buying the full kit which comes with all eight inserts and a case.

If you have a friend who is also interested then you could save some money by getting a full freak kit plus an extra front and an extra back. The start at the largest sleeve and take every other one in order of size, and give the other four to the other guy along with the extra front and back. This would give each of you four inserts in steps of four thousandths of an inch, enough of a range to match any paint well.

Croix71
05-11-2002, 09:08 AM
No prob man. :D

Bear in mind that depending on the field conditions (temp, weather, etc.) Your paint could change size. The good thing about a freak is that you can adapt to these changes by testing the paint through the sleeves.

iisp0tii
05-11-2002, 09:13 AM
i have the whole 10" automag kit. i love it, the only problem is that i dont use the first 3 inserts. if i were you i would get the whole kit just because you think the paint is one size & its actually bigger or smaller because of the weather, humidity, how old the paint is, etc... hope this helps alittle.

FNilsen
05-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Thank you for all the info i forgot to say that i all ready have the freak front just have to buy the back and the inserts. I dont really want to buy the hole kit but i thing i might just to be safe. Once again thank you all for the info..