PDA

View Full Version : Vert feed Emag problems???

soundman
05-11-2002, 04:30 PM
I have a fert feed emag, w/ an xboard rev. I typically shoot RPS premium. I can't get through 100 balls before one chops (everywhere) and I have to pull off the hopper and clean the breach and feed tube. Kinda sucks during a game. Any suggestions??? I am kind of frustrated with the marker, yet in love with it.:confused:

virus
05-11-2002, 05:39 PM
warp feed....... long nose bolt...... use a lower ROF......
and dont shortstroke...... as you have now seen the "glory" of vertfeed =)

BlackVCG
05-11-2002, 05:40 PM
Try turning down your ROF to about 12-13bps. Also, round the tip of the bolt as shown in the thread here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32839).

BlackVCG
05-11-2002, 05:45 PM
virus- It's an E-Mag so short stroking and having the long nose bolt aren't issues. Also, another thing you should do soundman, is get yourself the plastic nubbins. They help with double feeds and prevent chopping.

virus
05-11-2002, 09:16 PM
with the longnose i was goig for a little less blowback angle.....

and my bad i didn't see it was an E...... unless hes in M =)

soundman
05-12-2002, 12:53 AM
I do have plastic nubbins and I rounded the bolt already. I didn't think about the electronics slowing the marker down, I will try that. Thank you guys

Kevmaster
05-12-2002, 09:59 AM
i had the same problem. here was my trouble "log"

1) chopped a TON with EMag, 12v Revvie, SP All American
2) chopped a little less with EMag, XBoard Revvie+Impeller, SP Freak Kit
3) chopped very little with EMag, HALO, SP Freak Kit
4) chop NONE with EMag, HALO, Lapco barrels

there you have it. #4 is my curent setup(two lapco stainlesses).

my point is:
try turning down the ROF. make sure that your loader is not the cause. if it is not(mine was not entirely), check the barrel. my Freak had an invisable to the eye knick in the front of it that caused me to chop a lot with it since i use thin shelled paint (Anarchy and VooDoo)