PDA

View Full Version : I didn't want to have to do this

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-11-2002, 11:22 PM
I didn't want to have to do this

Dingo Paintball -
2 months and 13 unresponded e-mails later I have not recieved ANYTHING. Then I finally get ONE e-mail from him :mad: and he doesn't respond for another week then he says he sentit to the place to be anodized even though in the email we specifically decided to just keep it as polished alluminum. And now he hasn't responded for about 2 weeks (after the last email) and I am about to BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-11-2002, 11:24 PM
isnt that some of the lyrics from the a song from linkin park? man that sucks tho

RT_Luver
05-12-2002, 07:19 AM
if his site iswww.dingopaintball.com (http://www.dingopaintball.com) then at the main page it says that he has had to sell his house...kinda odd. not fun either

shartley
05-12-2002, 07:52 AM
if his site iswww.dingopaintball.com then at the main page it says that he has had to sell his house...kinda odd. not fun either
As a business owner your personal life should never affect the business or your clients/customers. We all go through trying times in life, but that is not excuse for poor service or NO service.

Yes, selling a home is not always fun (but it CAN be), but my point is that this is not an acceptable excuse for not fulfilling your obligations. The poor response rate (to e-mails) and the fact that the project has been over 2 months in the process, as well as now it seems that it is not even following the agreed upon decisions (anno VS polished) does indeed show a serious problem.

This is not the first time we have heard about problems like this… I can understand someone wanting to post their concerns. I hope Dingo can maintain some sort of positive reputation through all of this, but I find that hard to believe. How we operate when things are bad are actually more important than how we operate when things are good…..

TO ALL OF OUR CURRENT AND PERSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS:

AS MOST OF YOU ALREADY KNOW, WE ARE A SMALL "HOME" OPERATION.
AS OF JUNE 1ST DINGO PAINTBALL WILL HAVE TO BE CLOSED FOR AN UNDETERMINED LENGTH OF TIME.
I HAVE HAD TO SELL MY HOUSE, AND THEREFORE NO LONGER HAVE A PLACE TO WORK OUT OF.
UNTIL SUCH TIME THAT I FIND A SUITABLE PLACE TO HOUSE BOTH MYSELF AND THE SHOP, WE WILL BE ON A HIATUS.

TO THOSE OF YOU WAITING FOR DELIVERIES, EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS; EVERY THING WILL BE MAILED OUT NO LATER THAN JUNE 7TH, 2002.
Ii APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THAIS MAY HAVE CAUSED ANYONE. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS TRANSITION PERIOD.
Sorry, but this is just poor business… personally I understand his position, but as a business, sorry, you have to do better than that. The FIRST thing he should have done is clear up any outstanding business obligations. Again, I can understand things going on in his “personal” life, and have apathy.. but he has no such luxury as a business….

CoFFeY, I hope you get your stuff back soon…. And I hope it has not kept you from playing…

Tunaman
05-12-2002, 08:05 AM
What a lame excuse! Business always comes first. I wonder how much of other peoples' money he is sitting on? Enough to relocate? I would never order anything from this clown.:mad:

muleskinner
05-12-2002, 08:15 AM
Long story short, it's just a miscommunication between me and the PayPal service, If you want your money back, I'll cut you a check, if you can wait a few more days while i get some more raw material, then i can have the part out to you in a week.

That was 17 days ago... Havent heard a word.

DryIce
05-12-2002, 08:47 AM
you must be a very patient person
i am not :)
his email would of been full after 1 week of no response

after that
id be finding his phone number and making a call

hope you get your stuff back

Jonno06
05-12-2002, 10:12 AM
i feel bad for everyone who has been "ripped" from this guy,while many others,say he has good bussiness.......

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-12-2002, 11:57 AM
well somthing must be wrong with your e-mail because I have sent you 10 e-mails then a a little while later i got one that says i havent talkewd to oyou in a while. E-Mail sux!

Panzerr
05-12-2002, 08:07 PM
Well, you're not the only one he's trying to rip off. He told me two weeks ago that he sent a refund check to me and I haven't seen it yet. I've tried calling and emailing, and I get no response. What a loser.

BTAutoMag
05-21-2002, 11:50 AM
that is why i never ask them to do anything for me:D

meanelvis
05-21-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by shartley

... and have apathy.. but he has no such luxury as a business…...

although some may think of you as apathetic, i think you meant to say "empathy" :)

... and as for the dingo situation, it's sad that he feels the liberty to allow his personal life to intrude into his business and use it as an excuse for what amounts to dirt-poor business. someone with that misalignment of values should not be in business for themselves.

for those of you who trusted him with what obviously are valued possessions, you have my sympathy. i guess that we'll all learn something from this-- unfortunately it comes at the expense and stress of you folks.

paint magnet
05-21-2002, 01:55 PM
Maybe if you called him up and told him you had a warrant for his arrest... That should get his attention. Seriously though, if he knew he was going to have to sell his house (since most people plan that kind of thing) then he shouldn't have taken on the project.

steveg
05-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Don't you guys ever learn. every single time you start one
of these witch hunts you end up with egg on your face.
having to apologize.
Show some restraint and wait for the whole story.

P.S. this is not meant for Coffey HIS post is a legitimate
complaint about HIS experience.

shartley
05-21-2002, 02:09 PM
steveg
Actually there is NO witch hunt going on. Go read his own site. He lays it all out pretty clear…. He is closed because he had to sell his house. He also has projects out and money owed… at least by claims made here on AO.

I personally think many here HAVE showed great restraint this time.

Snooky
05-21-2002, 04:01 PM
maybe its because i didnt do buisness with him but i think you should lay off just a little. I'm sure he didn't mean to have all this happen or else he would have prevented it. This does show a bad buisness but calling him a thief is kinda out of line. I'm sure hes gonna try to get things back to people and apolagize for all the inconvience. Ever hear of a second chance?

Jonno06
05-21-2002, 04:07 PM
talk to butterfingers,he also works with don at modified paintball....

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-21-2002, 04:20 PM
I know he didn't do any of this on purpose!

But (I'm gonna yell) MY PROBLEM IS THAT I SENT THIS FRIGGIN *EXPLITIVE* MY MONEY AND MY WHOLE FOREGIRP SETUP AT LEAST 2-3...**2-3**...MONTHS BEFORE ALL OF THIS OCCURED! wHAT KIND OF A BUSINESS IS THIS. I KEEP EMAILING HIM AND OBVIOSLY HE HAS ENOUGH TIME TO REDO HIS SITE WITH WHATS HAPPENING BUT NOT EAMIL A CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN WAITING FOR HIS FOREGRIP FOR 2 TO 3 MONTHS FOR IT. i HAVE BEEN PAINTBALLING WITHOUT A FOREGRIP AND I'M SICK OF IT!!!!!! AND NOW I HAVE TO GO TO D-DAY WITHOUT A FOREGRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

banzaimf
05-21-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
talk to butterfingers,he also works with don at modified paintball....

Dingo and Dongie are 2 different people at 2 different companies

http://www.dingopaintball.com/ is Dingo. Some people are mad at him. His name is Carlos "Dingo" Morinigo

http://www.modifiedpaintball.com is Donggie. Most people have been pretty happy with him, and as far as I can tell as someone who reads these boards a lot, He has been pretty responsive and proactive in settling any issues. His name is Don Florencio

banzaimf