PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed, why is it incomplete?

BartManSr
05-12-2002, 09:39 AM
Why only one nine volt?. Why isn't there an interfeed wire for the Angel? Why isn't there and on/off switch?

Yeah, I know I can go to Radio Shack and convert it. But, why? AGD should be our improvement center, not Radio Shack!

Tunaman
05-12-2002, 10:23 AM
Maybe they should give them out for free too...and send a free tech to install it for you also...geesh!:mad:

shartley
05-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Maybe they should give them out for free too...and send a free tech to install it for you also...geesh!
YEAH!!!! Now THAT is an idea! ;) Can they give you the appropriate Warp Body for your Marker too if you don’t have the correct feed? :D:D:D

p8ntballa
05-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Why only one nine volt?.

1 9v can keep up well over 10bps.

Why isn't there and on/off switch?

Because all the voltage is controlled and use only a little current.

Why isn't there an interfeed wire for the Angel?

I dunno about this one but the AGD warp feed is for AGD guns, so they made an Intellifeed wire for an AGD Emag.

BartManSr
05-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Tunaman, I don't expect anything free. You won't hear me begging for free stuff either. As far as sending a Tech out, get real!

I'm just trying to fix up my IR3 and I can see where some improvements may be warranted. Can one not in this forum raise questions?

The IR3 feed is smaller then other Angel feeds. Maybe Pro Team will come out with another adapter. If not, I've got four other Mags that I can put the Warp Feed on.

raehl
05-12-2002, 12:49 PM
One nine volt is all you need. You don't need an on-off switch, as if it's just sitting there, it's off. And at some point, you have to draw the line between what you're giong to support in default configuration and what you're not. How many wiring ports should it be expected to support? I think one is plenty, and if it's not the one you need, then there's an aftermarket for that solution. It's a buisiness decision, either adding the additional port will help slaes enough to offset the cost of doing so, or it won't. AGD apparently decided that they didn't think it would.

- Chris

BlackVCG
05-12-2002, 12:56 PM
I for one appreciate AGD using mosfet technology and not putting a on/off switch on it. That's just one more thing to accidently hit in the off position or forget to turn on at the beginning of the game.

As for power supply, one 9V will feed 16-18bps. If you really need faster feed rate, you can make your own setup. AGD isn't going to up the voltage the Warp is setup to run at because 9V's do just fine in terms of feed rate.

Angel intellifeeds? The Angel doesn't have an intellifeed jack that spins every time the trigger is pulled, so you're going to have to strip into the solenoid wires in order to intellifeed the gun.

BartManSr
05-12-2002, 01:02 PM
Thanks Roehl & BlackVCG.

I appreciate the answer's. Now I've just got to figure out the feed size problem (the adapter doesn't fit on my vertical feed). Right now I'm using some plastic inserts made from some barrel tubes.

RobAGD
05-12-2002, 01:09 PM
BartManSr -

Ok a few things. AGD was looking to really only sell its Warp Feed to AGD owners so its a not a fit all marker kind of kit like the PTP kit is.

There are a few small differances between the kits.

AGD - Internal Sensor, Plastice Power Feed Adapter

PTP - External Sensor, Alu feed tubes for Bush/Timmy, Angel and an 2 peice bracket

You pay a premium for the PTP kit.

I do links for the Angel, with teh IR3's ability to program its intellifeed port you can have it spin on every trigger pull as I recall and you can set the length of pulse it sends. AGD shoudl be making ( as I under stand it ) a loom that y plugs into the Angels harness no cutting or soldering needed.

You can do a few small things, if you crrently have a power feed adapter, you can remove the feed tube and use the stub warp feed stub. This will make your set up as small as you ca manage vertically. If you would like to, or have trouble finding that feed tube, call me at Pevs 703-273-7732 and ask for Rob. I keep a complete stock of accessories for AGD and Wraps. If you are not intresting in linking the gun your selve, I can also do that for you for a small fee + shipping.

If you would like to see what I do ( dont be scared, it may look bad but I havent killed anything yet, well at least guns that is :) www.robagd.com

-Robert