PDA

View Full Version : dropforwrad for a TKO??

surfer349
05-12-2002, 10:15 AM
hey yall

i am looking into getting the TKO deal from actionvillage and am curious as to what kind of drop forward would complement this gun nicely. i have heard rumours that the gas thru grip gets in the way of most drops, so i want to know which one works with the grip on it?

ZSigErik
05-12-2002, 10:54 AM
I got that same package, and I got the TKO drop, and i just shaved off the front block of it to fit by the gas thru, it balances the gun very well, you can see my gun in my sig...

Severe
05-12-2002, 11:18 AM
Surfer,

I just recieved my TKO on Friday so I can offer you some advice.

The TKO/PMI dropforwards will not fit without some modification due to the length of the foregrip. I'm trying to figure out what to do since I've already purchaces the PMI Dropforward.

ZSigErik had a good idea. By cutting off about about an inch of the dropforward you can get it to fit.

I'm also considering getting a shorter Foregrip from www.fighterxsports.com They have some nice combo's that address the dropforward/foregrip issue nicely. And the prices are very reasonable. I figure for an extra $25 it's a nice solution.

Just giving you some options. I'm sure there's a short dropforward that will fit, but I'm partial to the long ones.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Goldie D Pimp
05-12-2002, 12:00 PM
It seems like somewhere I've seen spacers to cure your problem. They are just like 1/4" or 1/2" spacers that go between the grip frame and the drop to lower it a little and let it slide past the front reg/grip. Maybe it was lapco that had them???

surfer349
05-12-2002, 01:58 PM
does anyone know where i can get these "spacers" that goldie is talking about??

Goldie D Pimp
05-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Maybe it was just one of those brilliant ideas I had in my head??? :)

surfer349
05-12-2002, 03:37 PM
is there any drop forward that i can get that i dont have to cut or sand or shave or do anything to it to make it fit the foregrip??

Goldie D Pimp
05-12-2002, 03:42 PM
dz2???

surfer349
05-12-2002, 03:54 PM
what is dz2? is that a kapp drop zone II?