PDA

View Full Version : Boomstick wont fit on Emag, what did I do?

JEDI
05-12-2002, 02:15 PM
I've used my boomstick on my emag (power feed) a couple of times. One day the gun went down, so I had to clean it. I took the valve out, cleaned it, barrel out, cleaned it. Then the barrel wouldn't go back in. The stock barrel DOES fit though. The boomstick fits in my RT pro. So i'm confused. Did something happen to that little pin?

Rynoboy06
05-12-2002, 03:17 PM
Just unscrew the nut under the pin a little,to loosen it, and oil the o-rings on the barrel. That should take care of it. Probably wouldn't hurt to oil the pin assembly either. If that's too loose, tighten the pin again.

EDIT: RobAGD says not to loosen the pin nut. I recommend you take his advice. Just use oil.

marley618
05-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Yeah, put some oil on the o-rings. That makes a HUGE difference.

JEDI
05-12-2002, 04:33 PM
How do I get to the pin assembly? Where is this nut? It almost seems like the pin is somehow sticking out to far.
I took the valve out so I can look at whats going on when I slide the barrel in, and the rounded part is too high for the barrel.

TransMan
05-12-2002, 07:12 PM
you should be able to take th grip frame off and unscrew a little hex screw and a spring and the pin should fall out dont loose the spring

RobAGD
05-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Humm My bet would be the barrel lock pin came up a little. In the emags and RT pros AGD made the hole in the body bigger which will allow the pin to poke through more and even in some cases fall out ( like mine ). Annd you need to do is make sure that pin is pressed down into the rail...

DO NOT MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO THE SPING TENTION NUT ON THE BARREL LOCK PIN

-Robert

Rynoboy06
05-12-2002, 07:21 PM
I never knew we werem't supposed to mess with that nut. Why? Just wondering; it doesn't seem like something that could cause trouble.

TransMan
05-12-2002, 08:35 PM
ive totaly takin mine out plenty of times hasnt caused my barrel to mess up or anything

JEDI
05-13-2002, 08:04 AM
OK so I shouldn't mess the the spring. At one point that pin must have been lower if my boomstick used to fit. So how do I go about lowering it. Does the grip frame come off the rail easily if I want to take a look at it. Any thing I should know before I do this?

max-mag
05-16-2002, 10:19 PM
maybe it hasn't caused a problem yet, but I'd listen to the pro's. Would AGD lie?

joeyjoe367
05-17-2002, 05:33 PM
awwww crap!

I've taken that whole twist loc assembly apart! I even clipped the spring inside it a little bit..

my boomstick seems to slide in and out a lot smoother now. I guess I can toss some loc-tite on the screw to make sure it doesn't fly out.

Will Wood
05-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Rob..I loosened mine...My barrel was actually STUCK! Should I put it back to normal and just oil it up? (BTW--this is a regular Automag)

RobAGD
05-18-2002, 08:23 PM
If a barrel wont fit with the stock adjustment then the barrel wasnt machined correctly.

That lock is set to a reasonable tention level that should work with all guns. I have petered around with it some to make barrels work but the major problem is if its too lose it allows the barrel to wiggle too much and wear out the L groove bad.

Problems I have seen form having people adjust that is the barrel jumping into the nubbin slot, then your f'ed bad because you have to take the body off teh gun to get the barrel out.

Having it fall apart from vibration, then causing paint chopping from the barrel shifting.

ect things like this.

-Robert