PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking...

InfinatyBPS
05-12-2002, 02:24 PM
I have played with my cocker 3 times, first with just a the ANS Reg, Frame and Bolt. It sucked. Mostly cause I didn't time it right. Next time I played it was because the bolt was sucking so I got a new bolt. And then it shot like crap because I messed up my actuator rod and collar... I have only been able to shoot my cocker and it worked in my back yard. And I loved it but I have never been able to use it at a feild. I have added pneus, 2 bolts, a trigger frame, barrel. I know when it works it will work like a dream but I am drifting tward selling it because I have not been able to use it and appriciate it. I said to myself that if it messes up this last time I would sell it and get somthing else and not look back but I am wondering, should I give it another chance? Or should I just fix it and sell it even though it has like $900 into it I would only be able to get $450 at most... and If I sell it I would probably get one of these...

Viking milled+double trigger(top of my list, if I sold cocker for $450, it would only take like 5 months to save for this)
Custom Vision Impulse(not realy what I want)
C&C Angel LCD(I would have to save up forever for this and I realy want to play)
E- Matrix(if I can find a new model in stock)

What do you people suggest I do?
Give cocker a chance to show it's worth?
Sell this POS and get somthing else? If this than what?

irbodden
05-12-2002, 02:25 PM
Give it a chance, or start saving now and sell the cocker closer to when you have enough money to buy a new gun. :)

DryIce
05-12-2002, 02:26 PM
from what ive heard
vikings are terribly slow
if you want a fast gun
get a matrix

you can get a used matrix
with all the upgrades you need basically for cheap
all you REALLY need is a bolt kit + trinity (LPR)

magmonkey
05-12-2002, 02:50 PM
vikings slow???

no way my friend

the store I tech for just got a vking in and I can rock on it

also about the cocker I think you should let sombody set it up for you and then play with it and seee if it suits you if it does thats great if not sell it and find a marker you are happy with

InfinatyBPS
05-12-2002, 03:10 PM
I dont need it professionaly timed, I had it timed perfectly, but I lost my set screw and lost the timing without knowing it. But when I shot it in my back yard it rocked. I know i pulled out at least 10bps... And scince my local shops charge $60 to time a cocker, im not gonna bother....

magc68
05-12-2002, 05:24 PM
check the lug. make sure its not worn. what kinda frame u running. more specifically what kinda trigger play u using. is the hole in the plate circle or oval for the acuating rod. if it is circle u have to get the timming just right and need to check it a lot since the wear of the lug will throw it off. your bolt should not be catching. make sure u r using some good lube for it. what kinda gun is this to begin with?

InfinatyBPS
05-12-2002, 07:25 PM
The timing was PERFECT, but I lost my 3 way collar set screw... and I had some blue threadlocker, so I put some on... and just my luck it was actualy red strength generic brand. And without me knowing the timing slipped. So I go to use back out the 3 way collar and its completely stuck. I even tried to heat it up and no luck. That is the only problem with the cocker. I know its a good gun and all but I just have never been able to play with it when it was working. I can always make it work at home and realy good. but when I get to the feild it sux...

Bartleby
05-12-2002, 09:13 PM
i would take all your stuff and put it all together in a bag, with your cocker, and take it to your local store, and tell them to put it together and fix any problems they have. here's why:

you say you put about 900 into it and you would only get 450 out of it should you choose to sell it. that means you're loosing 450 bucks, and on top of that, you would still need to buy a new gun. i would suck it up and pay the couple of bucks to get the thing professionally assembled.