PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Tom

Bwaites
05-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Though I was not present last night I have read enough to ralize that not everyone handled themselves as they should have.

One of the problems with open parties, and especially one talked about and promoted for two months, is that the worst comes out in many people. They forget this is not competitive and act like little kids.

Since I don't have high speed access at home, I simply chose not to participate, after trying to be part of previous activities and being virtually ignored because I couldn't keep up. Unfortunately, there is NO way to make this type of activity equitable for all, but one way is to make sure that no one wins more than once. Allow only one entry per person and make them register beforehand, then leave their name in for each drawing. They a can then return a prize if they get a better one in a later drawing.
That way everybody gets a chance at every prize.

You also might want to consider eliminating major prizewinners from recent giveaways.

I appreciate your willingness to give away prizes and the effort you went to to make it happen. I also appreciate the others who did the same.

One thing that I would say is don't punish the majority for the sins of the few. Often the vocal minority ruins things for the silent majority.

Once again, thank you.

Bill

RT_Luver
05-12-2002, 07:30 PM
DITTO!!!! I was thinkin the same thing.

HoppysMag
05-12-2002, 07:43 PM
Ya tom.... no other company would havge given away a Emag to people they dont even know... thanks...

zvanut
05-12-2002, 07:46 PM
you guys im not flaming but why not let Tom run it how he wants to. since he is the one giving stuff away.

theraidenproject
05-12-2002, 07:48 PM
OT

Originally posted by Bwaites
Often the vocal minority ruins things for the silent majority.
Hey! I'm having a quiz about the "silent majority" in history tomorrow! The group of tax-paying, law-abiding, "decent folks" that Nixon courted during his succesful Presidential campaign.

on topic
I agree. The party was mostly pretty good, as far as I could see, but I missed most of it. The only bad parts were all the people annoyingly begging for prizes, and there were TOO MANY PEOPLE. I didn't lag because I have a fast connection, but I couldn't keep up with all the text. Maybe there should be contests for admission to chat parties, so they will be manageable. Everyone can watch, of course, though.

Ultimator
05-12-2002, 07:51 PM
zvan - I think they were just suggesting :)

Other than that, the party DID get a wee bit out of hand (after Amy everyone was crazy). After then I started questioning the general morality of the whole thing. It was pretty ridiculous when people started spamming stuff like "Sign my hairy back" or "I would be pleased if you kicked me in the genital region."

All in all you have got to be one of the most thoughtful people in the paintball industry (giving away ~$2000 worth of stuff and that's only from AGD, not to mention the prize donators).