PDA

View Full Version : All american barrel

tool
05-12-2002, 08:01 PM
I am thinking of bying a 14 inch All American barrel (14 inch cause i play mosly in wood game)and i just wanna know if any of you have it and what they think of it?I know my brother had one for is autococker and he liked it but i would like to get your opinion on it.

keiphers
05-12-2002, 08:15 PM
I've had 3 All Americans before and loved all of them. My Spyder had one. I had the older style one for my Minimag, but I just got the 2002. I love it... no complaints. Its pretty quiet and really accurate (good paint match helps).

athomas
05-13-2002, 08:47 AM
The All-American barrel is a very nice barrel and is very forgiving on less than perfect paint. You should be happy with your decision to get one.

FrAuStY
05-13-2002, 09:40 AM
Personally I like the teardrop barrel over the all american. But I have nothing but good things to say about smart parts barrels. They're all good barrels for the money you'd spend. Good luck and enjoy the barrel!

tool
05-13-2002, 05:35 PM
thanx for the help:D im probably gonna buy one. but i heard some people in this forum say something like they use alot of air?? could someone explain me how a barrel can use more air than another barrel???

keiphers
05-13-2002, 05:41 PM
I'm almost positive that air usage thing isn't true.

XspyX
05-13-2002, 06:02 PM
Woodsball, hell, get a 16" or 18". Watch the eyes light up on those newbies and smile as they call you the "sniper" of the team.

Then play up front and kick butt. Use it for speedball too, it comes in handy. Trust me, I had an 18".

People diss long barrels, but they do come in handy and only get in the way if you don't know what your doing.

BlackVCG
05-13-2002, 06:08 PM
The air usage issue is true. The more porting the barrel has, the less air will be used to accelerate the ball and thus it will be wasted. You need about 8-10" of barrel length to accelerate the ball to 300fps on a Mag. The more heavily ported the barrel is, the less efficient it will be.

This is why I don't like DYE or Smart Parts barrels. They're over ported and this makes them less efficient than an unported barrel. Also, the more porting you have, the more holes you have to fill up with paint when you break a ball. No matter how good your squeggee is, you won't get it all clean and that paint that gets in the ports will get back in the barrel and throw off your accuracy.

keiphers
05-13-2002, 06:51 PM
I'm still not sure I believe the whole air usage thing, but Ok. I know a quick fix to the porting/paint problem. Make sure no paint is in the gun, and turn the powerfeed plug. This stops paint from feeding. Then, you can dry fire a few shots, with a towel or something around the barrel. This shoots the paint out of the porting. It works very well.