PDA

View Full Version : Emag Battery

rammschtein
05-12-2002, 09:07 PM
Hey,
I'm trying to set up my defiant,
revolution, and warp feed to run off a central battery system that I can recharge so that I do not have to keep purchasing 9 volt batteries.
Would the Emag battery and battery case be a good choice of battery to use?
Does anybody have one that they are selling?

I saw the battery and the battery case in the AGD online store,
but how could i connect those two contacts to my stuff?
does the battery come with a connector or a wire or something?

also, how much does the battery and the battery case weigh?

thanks!
henry

Cypres0099
05-12-2002, 09:41 PM
If I remember correctly the Emag's battery was made so big and beefy just for the purpose of running accesories.

a_malfunction
05-12-2002, 10:11 PM
Proteam Products is coming out (maybe already did...) with a central battery... Its supposed to run all of your accessories. You might want to look into it.

RobAGD
05-12-2002, 11:10 PM
Well actually teh emag battery is as big as it is because it has to be to get shot count and reliable operation of the solenoid.

If you wanted to use an Emag battery you could mount it on a dove tail. It weights a bit over 7oz.

Your only problem would be that sits 18v, which is ok for the Revy but not so good for teh Defiant and warp.

If you want to do some work, you can make the emag battery 9v with about 1200-1300 mAh by using 2 banks of 7 aaa cells. That will run teh Warp/Defiant and Warp fine and you will get very good battery life and you wont have to screw with regulators.

-Robert

rammschtein
05-13-2002, 06:43 PM
How much does the battery weigh with the case too?

my gun can handle an 18 volt input, and my warp feed has a 12 volt regulator on it (already runs on two nine volts in series)

so i was just wondering if i'd get a good shot count and if the emag battery would be able to last for a while with that setup.

thanks
henry

Telefragged
05-13-2002, 07:57 PM
You could always install a resistor en route to your gun's or the Warp's power supply to prevent too much current from damaging them.

rammschtein
05-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Don't need to,
the voltage does not matter,
i'm worried about how long the battery will last and how much it weighs.