PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Games Membership Winners

shartley
05-13-2002, 08:01 AM
There seems to be a slight problem with the Adventure Games Memberships (for Adventure Games Paintball Park in Wear, NH) won at the Party. They were actually intended to be awarded to ONLY New England folks, and for obvious reasons…. if you don’t live close enough to the park, you can’t use them.

With this in mind, I would like to propose a solution to this problem. If all the members who won the Memberships, and can not use them, would GIVE them to other members who CAN, it would be a great show of AO spirit. It would also be in the spirit of the Party. I know you would not benefit from this directly, but many of us do things for AO that do not directly benefit us as well….

This of course is all voluntary, and noone is forcing you to do it. But please keep in mind that Adventure Games does not give “cash equivalents” for the Memberships or “trades” of any sort. They had intended the memberships be given to New England folks from the beginning. And what happened was a slight oversight.

If this is something folks think they would like to do, fantastic! And it shows great AO spirit. Also if this is going to happen, we would need Tom (or anyone else directly associated with the party) to post who won those Memberships, so we can properly match up the actual winners with new people who can actually use the prizes.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing how this all goes.

(Note: I do this because I have not only been contacted by one of the winners, but by someone who would like a membership and can use it, AND have talked with Cynthia at Adventure Games)

cphilip
05-13-2002, 08:20 AM
Sounds a good idea. You will take charge of organizing exchange connections then right?

than205
05-13-2002, 08:24 AM
If Shartley can't do it, I will gladly handle it.
Everyone knows I live in New Hampster not New Hampshire.
Seriously, I'd be happy to help in any way.

shartley
05-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the offer than205, I think this should be a pretty easy thing to transfer. It is a simple issue of matching up winners that can not use the prize with those who can. The hardest part is finding the right matches…. Which I hope this thread will do.

Then when the matches are made, they can send me their information (either by PM or E-mail) and I will give that to Cynthia.

So, if you are a winner who can not use the prize (and would like to donate it to someone who can), or someone in New England who CAN but did not win, please let us know HERE so we can start this thing rolling. Again this is strictly volunteer…

Army
05-13-2002, 10:10 AM
I'll leave this up for a few days.

Great idea Sam, thanks.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Ok well will the people who reiceved the vapor modifications do the same even though they dont have bushys and give there prize away? i did win a silver pass and would rather trade for soemthing that i dont have (i have been offerd knee pads already, no i didnt have any already). it may seem selfish of me but i have herd of the people that won the vapor mods didn have a bushy and they were trying to sell the mod instead of giving it away.

personman
05-13-2002, 12:24 PM
Personally, I think they should be able to sell them.
They broke out the e-mail bomb, they won it, they own it.
I dunno, It would be nice.. but If they give it away, I think they should at least get something else. After all, they did win.

cphilip
05-13-2002, 12:25 PM
The guy who gave the mods offered to trade them in at his shop. There were only two of them

Cynthia gave far more of these passes out and than she can do that with.

Hey trade em if you got a taker! Don't feel bad. You won something! I trust there will be not many trades but get what you can I say!

shartley
05-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Ok well will the people who reiceved the vapor modifications do the same even though they dont have bushys and give there prize away? i did win a silver pass and would rather trade for soemthing that i dont have (i have been offerd knee pads already, no i didnt have any already). it may seem selfish of me but i have herd of the people that won the vapor mods didn have a bushy and they were trying to sell the mod instead of giving it away.
Like I said, it is up to each person. I am not implying anything one way or the other. I just made this post to help those who would do what I would do. It is not a slight against you at all.

Plus, I have ties with Adventure Games (if you hadn’t noticed) and I am trying to help them as well. I don’t know the Vapor Mod guys personally, and from what I can remember, THEY already offered a modification to the prize for those who don’t have bushies… Adventure Games does not offer that, and because it is a totally different “type” of prize.

By all means if you can get something for them, go for it. I am just offering another alternative.

Paintballer86
05-13-2002, 01:52 PM
Anyone who won a vapor mod and wants to give it away, please PM me. My friend dosent have the most amount of money, and he has a bushmaster (dont know how that works but oooooook...:rolleyes:) But he runs it off co2 (yeah, I know) and I think he could use the vapor mod. Anyone willing to do this PM me. :)

Thordic
05-13-2002, 03:21 PM
I won a Bronze Membership, and have no use for it. I was just tryin the contest for the hell of it, didn't think I would win.

If anyone in NH can use it, let me know.

paintballrulzs
05-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I live in NH and would love one of these pases. If anyone wants to give there away tell me. I would love it thanks

shartley
05-13-2002, 04:34 PM
AGD or AGD/AO Staff-
Could we get a list of all the winners and what level they won?

It looks like we may have a good match, but until it is verified (no offense Thordic) I can not pass the information along to Cynthia. I want to do it the right way.

Thanks.

Here is a breakdown of Memberships:
ADVENTURE GAMES MEMBERSHIPS!

Bronze – Membership
$100.00 per person per year

Bronze Members receive -
Free Field Fees
ONE Case of Field Paint for $ 65.00 per person per day

Silver – Membership
$150.00 per person per year

Silver Members receive -
Free Field Fees
Two Cases of Field Paint for $ 65.00 per case per person per day

Gold – Membership
$200.00 per person per year

Gold Members receive -
Free Field Fees
Free Air at the Park
TWO Cases of Field Paint for $ 65.00 per case per person per day

Thordic
05-13-2002, 05:39 PM
I gave my pass to paintballrulzs. At least I emailed Jon and told him to give the pass to paintballrulzs instead of me. So that's already taken care of.

paintballrulzs
05-13-2002, 05:49 PM
Thanks!

paint king
05-13-2002, 05:57 PM
I also live in Vermont and would be the most grateful person in the world if someone would sell or give me thier prize. I know i might sound a little greedy but it would really help me out. Thanks guys.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-13-2002, 07:55 PM
paintking You can make me just about any offer and ill probally take it. not really lookin for cash tho. things im lookin for: xboard revvy, mag barrels (any), renegade kneepads (medium) Jt full fingergloves (red) somekinda paintball pants (34-36) or a warpfeed (ill include some cash)

datapimp69
05-13-2002, 10:50 PM
i won a silver,

i was going to offer it to someone, but hadent had a chance to get back on and post it.

so who whats it ?

TheClapp15
05-13-2002, 11:23 PM
I live in Manch, and actually use to work for Cynthia, kinda funny. Anyway if anyone wants to give away their pass it would be much appreciated and well used.

paint king
05-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Either way i would really appreciate on of these. Aliens i will try to get something to trade for it but it might take a while. Thanks.

2000Sabre
05-14-2002, 04:03 PM
I live in Mass and would love a pass to Adventure Paintball. I'll can trade a complete Automag J&J 2-piece barrel kit for it. If someone's interested jut PM me. thanks.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-14-2002, 04:36 PM
saber im really intresed, just wait till my pass comes and ill trade u right away

shartley
05-14-2002, 04:38 PM
The memberships are not transferable... you must make the trade before the Membership is "sent".

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-14-2002, 04:40 PM
how would i do that? and how long wouldf they take to get to a certain person?

shartley
05-14-2002, 04:43 PM
If you won a membership, you make the trade here in the open, and the new person gets the membership. You get what ever they said they traded for it. If you feel more comfortable, the actual Membership can be sent AFTER you verify that you received the traded items.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-14-2002, 04:49 PM
so saber, wanna trade me for a silver pass? like shartly said it would be shiped to you and i would trust that you would send me the barrel set also what does the whole set consist of? just wondring..

shartley
05-14-2002, 05:03 PM
This is also why I requested a list of all winners and what level of membership they won, so I could then make sure Cynthia got the correct information. I am not doing this just out of the blue.. I talked with Cynthia about it.

So, if whoever on the AO staff has this information could send me the information via e-mail, it would be of great help. That is unless whomever has the master list wants to do it themselves… but since I have not seen anyone officially post about it, I take it they would rather not. Either way is fine with me….

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-14-2002, 05:05 PM
i got the e-mail from john so u might wanna talk to him.

heres the adress he gave me

jonc@airgun.com

shartley
05-14-2002, 05:07 PM
Thanks... if I don't hear one way or the other by tomorrow, I will send him an e-mail. Like I said, it makes no difference to me.... I just want to make sure it does not get all muddled up and that we don't end up with "dead" prizes (prizes that the owner can not use).

pbstu
05-14-2002, 06:38 PM
i won one, its not for adventure games place, its for the splatt thing, im pretty sure thats an online place that gives you discounts and other stuff??, but its mainly all american, not much good to me up here in canada. so if anyone would like to trade me something for that any offers would be much appreciated, just PM me.

stu.

RusskiX
05-14-2002, 07:02 PM
I live in New Hampshire and would be happy to trade for a pass. If any pass winners are interested, drop me an email to russkix@attbi.com and hopefully we can work out a deal and post it back here for verification with shartley.

Hope to hear from you winners!

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-14-2002, 07:07 PM
oh what can i do to stop them from sending me it now, untill im ready to trade? not that they send me it and no one can use it.

2000Sabre
05-14-2002, 08:28 PM
Aliens-8-My-Dad,

I'll trade the silver membership for my J&J barrel kit. It consists of one stainless steel back piece plus the 10", 12", 14" and 16" front pieces and barrel bag. The front pieces are purple. I hope you don't mind, I bought that color because they matched my powder coated RT Pro.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-14-2002, 08:42 PM
OK anyone out there whos keeping track of my silver pass send it to saber2000 we are trading

paintballrulzs
05-16-2002, 05:04 PM
thordic gave me his member ship. When will i found out more on this?

mag59459
05-16-2002, 07:00 PM
I won a gold one that I would be willing to trade, PM me.

shartley
05-22-2002, 08:16 AM
UP so I can get to it easier...

shartley
05-23-2002, 06:44 AM
Up again.... still sorting this all out. It can be like pulling teeth. LOL