PDA

View Full Version : battery pack for powering warp, etc.

Load SM5
05-13-2002, 12:50 PM
I know a few people had made noise about trying to use an e-mag battery to power their warp and revy, even on a non-emag. I remembered seeing this is an older issue of one of my magazines and thought it would interest some people. Apparently it's made by Proteam and they claim it'll power the warp, gun (if e-mag or electronic) and warp off of the same pack. It looks interesting with a few ports for wiring and a n on/off switch for all of it. It's not on proteam's site so I don't know anything about it besides what I've read but they advertise it as being pretty light and it looks like it mounts on the bottom of the grip.

shartley
05-13-2002, 12:56 PM
Interesting… if it does mount on the bottom of the grip, wouldn’t that interfere with most drop forwards? That looks pretty big. For under the grip like that….

It almost looks like it has some type of webbing or something at the top… could it be belt mounted? Got any better pictures? Kind of hard to tell with this one, and the text with it does not say.

pumpamatic
05-13-2002, 04:10 PM
Yeah it'll power the warp, gun, and the warp off the same battery. Or was that a hopper? I remember seeing this same clip in Paintball 2 Xtremes, if anyone wants to go digging. My mom threw all my older ones away, but it was in the last 6 months I saw it. Sounds like a great idea anyways.

Muzikman
05-13-2002, 04:32 PM
I was looking at them at Skyball. I didn't get the chance to ask the cost since there where alot of people at the booth. They guy also didn't have many technical specs (the booth was not a ProTeam booth). It does mount under the grip or it can mount underthe grip and off to the side, much like a warp. It's a cool idea, but I just tapped the side of me emag and put in a 5.5 OD x 2.5 ID coax DC plug and run that to my rev and warp. Works well. Had to do a little internal milling on the Emag grip though.

zbody
05-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Muzikman,

You got pics of the work you did on your frame? Thinking about doing the same and would like to see your setup.

shartley
05-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Thanks for clearing up the actual placement of the pack.

AssassN
05-13-2002, 06:16 PM
yup pb2x has one in either last months or the one b4. Sounds like it would be handy but mabye a little heavy.

Load SM5
05-13-2002, 06:35 PM
It was the paintball 2-xtremes March issue.