PDA

View Full Version : Brian Bradley is Innocent and Deserves an Apology

AGD
05-13-2002, 01:50 PM
AO,

Upon review of the entries for the Emag contest we find no evidence that Brian cheated in any way. His post count was only 3x that of Capo's and when you did the math, came out to more than 20 seconds between emails.

We did find other examples of cases where it was not humanly possible to send that many emails in the same time frame. None of those people won any prizes. We are going to let it drop now but we will revise our contest methods in the future.

Brian I personally appologize to you for the thrashing you got here on AO. As seems to continually be the case in paintball perception dominates reality. All of us here at AGD hope you have a fun time with your new marker.

AGD

Scooter/Cootie
05-13-2002, 01:53 PM
Congrats Brian, glad to hear your name's been cleared. Sorry for everything you've been put through, please don't let this experience keep you away from AO, we love to have new members.

Hope you enjoy the mag! :D

DiRTyBuNNy
05-13-2002, 02:10 PM
I must congratulate Brian on winning, have fun with your new marker..and i do not need to apologize personaly because i never said anything to the contrary regarding his winning the eMag but i do take offense to the way Brian attacked other people after his win was taken under consideration; for that i think Brian also needs to apologize to some people here on AO. He may have thought people were sore losers, but he also acted like a sore winner, and that is not in the spirit of the WLIPP. People don't care if you win, but when you rub their noses in it you better get ready for a fight.

Tunaman
05-13-2002, 02:12 PM
Sorry about the mess...Enjoy your new Emag!:D

Dubstar112
05-13-2002, 02:14 PM
Good to see no one cheated. Good job on winning the E-Mag..... Make us proud!!!(give the emag some good usage.)

shartley
05-13-2002, 02:23 PM
Well congratz!

[EDITED: Oh, drastically edited! Enough of you saw my post so it should be fine. Also many know the truth…. So it will be fine. I will however not apologize for anything I said (heck I never really said anything bad anyhow) and no justification has been made for any apologies anyways…. Just read what was actually written and use your common sense…]

AGD has made a ruling, so I will let it be….

Brian my man, I am VERY sorry I doubted you…:rolleyes: would you mind coming to my place and buying me a lottery ticket?

TooDamnSweet
05-13-2002, 02:29 PM
Congrats Brian!!! Just don't shoot me at the game LOL

speedballbanks
05-13-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by shartley

Brian my man, I am VERY sorry I doubted you… would you mind coming to my place and buying me a lottery ticket?

yeah swing by my place and by my mom some

lol rofl ahahha lmao

Krazy Ivan
05-13-2002, 02:57 PM
I'm glad to see my doubt in his cheating wasn't all for not! Congratz Brian, enjoy!

I for one actually liked the whole E-mail bomb thing, it was fun. However the Email bombing program using people kinda kill it. I used the same thing that brian did I believe. I went to my yahoo mail and clicked send, Back, send, Back..Over and over :D

CONGRATZ BRO!!

cheetah256
05-13-2002, 03:00 PM
congrats!!! i got a lot of email bouncebacks, and of course, while i was deleting the error messages, erased the messages saying i won!!!

Clare
05-13-2002, 03:06 PM
Congrats Brian, now this can be put to rest.

I also got a lot of my emails returned!

Jonno06
05-13-2002, 03:14 PM
sorry to have doubted you,or anyone....

nice sig Cap....

sk8dood
05-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Congratz! Hope you enjoy your new marker! Do post a pic when you get it and tell us how you like it.

-Sk8dood

Brian68mag
05-13-2002, 04:27 PM
thanks tom/all, sorry how i reacted hostile when some of you were accusing me, but i knew i hadn't cheated and that it was just a load of bs, it kinda made me upset, so i defended myself, im sure you all would have done something similer if you were me. Thats beside the point though, im sorry for acting hostile.
Thanks for the mag Tom, it will give me many, many days of fun paintballing.

:)

irbodden
05-13-2002, 04:36 PM
If AGD says you didn't cheat, that's fine for me. 20 seconds between Emails is still VERY fast considering atleast half most likely bounced.

Have fun.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Brian I for one am truly sorry, and hope that u can find it some where in yourslef to forgive me.

Brian68mag
05-13-2002, 05:46 PM
i got no bad blood with any of you(cept maybe irbodden), i would think something fishy was going on if someone won 3 things and i won zero.
its all good

irbodden
05-13-2002, 06:36 PM
Brian-

Nice to hear, I think I am going to cry tonight. I can't believe some someone over the internet has "bad blood" against me. Oh what shall I do.

Haha~

Brian68mag
05-13-2002, 07:02 PM
im not going to get in a arguement here, but i would like to say, im not trying to make you "cry" but i think its utterly rediculous that you made up rumours, stories and dissed on me like it was you life for the past 24 hours. You wouldn't believe a word i said, which wasnt cool.
I know plenty of 15 your olds like you at my school, snobs, smart allics or just a plain ***'s, and im just glad im not like you or them. I uselly take people's words and put trust in that person that he is not lieing, more times then not im right. You have your life i have mine i guess, ill leave it at that.

cphilip
05-13-2002, 07:08 PM
Ok lets leave this then? done. Congrats. I personly do not care how you won. You won. End of story. Congrats on it. its so sweet!

Brian..did I tell you how much you are gonna like the Emag trigger? :D

SqueegeeKid
05-13-2002, 07:55 PM
Congrats Brian. Hope you enjoy the eMag that was snatched from my poverty striken hands!!!
:p

Brian68mag
05-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Brian..did I tell you how much you are gonna like the Emag trigger? :D
nope, tell me about it please lol :D

irbodden
05-13-2002, 08:12 PM
Brian-

Your post makes me laugh, keep going buddy!

P.S. I still think you "cheated". :)

Automag ReTro
05-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Yeah man, congrats on the new emag. Enjoy it for everybody cause they're the best guns you can get.

cphilip
05-13-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Brian68mag

nope, tell me about it please lol :D

Sorry just gonna let you experience it for yourself! I cannot put it into words! ;)

Ultimator
05-13-2002, 09:01 PM
Ir, ffs, give it a rest. Everyone knows that you don't want to admit that you've been proven wrong, so humor me and just be a man and accept it.

With that being said, grats Brian, hope ya like the new E-mag!

wimag
05-14-2002, 01:22 AM
congratulations on your good fortune.
even the guy who awarded the prize cleared you, good enough for me. have fun dude!!!!!!

irbodden
05-14-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Ultimator
Ir, ffs, give it a rest. Everyone knows that you don't want to admit that you've been proven wrong, so humor me and just be a man and accept it.

With that being said, grats Brian, hope ya like the new E-mag!

The fact of the matter was I DID suck it up, so don't give me that "give it a rest" trash. After giving him congratz, he claims "I still have badblood for IRBodden" inwhich case I feel it fair to make a reply myself. Next time read the whole thread there buddy.

BTAutoMag
05-14-2002, 11:15 AM
sorry brian i am one of the people who blamed you.

Ultimator
05-14-2002, 03:33 PM
I did, buddy. And "bad blood" would have been an understatement. I would have slandered the crap out of you if I were in his shoes. You would've said the same thing, so let's end this HERE.

irbodden
05-14-2002, 04:19 PM
He admitted he did something which in MY opinion is cheating. Although it's MY opinion, I agree when Tom says he didn't.

I sucked it up and said congratz to be fired on, now by two people. I still don't think he won it honestly so go ahead and give me crap.

Kaiser Bob
05-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
He admitted he did something which in MY opinion is cheating. Although it's MY opinion, I agree when Tom says he didn't.

I sucked it up and said congratz to be fired on, now by two people. I still don't think he won it honestly so go ahead and give me crap.

Ive searched the chat logs with a fine toothed comb and still find no mention of him saying he did anything that would be considered cheating in any way... if you have a log can you point to where he did say anything like that?

BTW- congrats Brian :)

irbodden
05-14-2002, 06:23 PM
Am I willing to look thru those? Nah

He admitted on the forums too BTW. He used an exploit that allowed him to send the same email over and over by clicking back arrow button.

If I must I will go threw them sometime this weekend.

MrShutter
05-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Congrats and enjoy your new Emag.

Kaiser Bob
05-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
Am I willing to look thru those? Nah

He admitted on the forums too BTW. He used an exploit that allowed him to send the same email over and over by clicking back arrow button.

If I must I will go threw them sometime this weekend.

Actually, what he DID say was he clicked the back button and sent it again, which is the standard practice for sending a lot of identical emails. Ths logs dont like dude, and he never posted on the forums that he used any exploit.

trevy38
05-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Congrats Brian. I think AO apologizes as a whole (even those not personally involved) for what you went through. I commend you on keeping it cool while others thrashed in jealousy. Have fun!

You have to cut the AO members a little slack, though... it's so not fair that Tom didn't give everyone $1000 out of his pocket, what a jerk!
<(Dripping with sarcasm)>

Vegeta
05-14-2002, 07:41 PM
My firsat reaction to this topic was : "Who's Brian Bradley?"

I am glad to see this cleared up and hope Brain will be happy with what he won!

irbodden
05-14-2002, 07:44 PM
I dont believe thats how he did it anyways. I think he used that for a cover up after he bragged about sending so many emails.

Bottemline he didn't get caught. If he honestly did NOTHING that is against the whole "AO spirit" than I am sorry.

agdjon
05-15-2002, 12:11 PM
First of all Congrats to Brian :-)

Second of all, I was the one responsible for going through and getting the 3000th email and declare the winner. When I got back to my office on Monday, There were a lot of emails from Brian but there was also a good number of people (I will not mention names as this is not in my best interes) that either 3x or 4x or even 5x his emails sent in. The inbox read over 6000 emails on monday. With this in mind, I would have to say that he did not cheat. Think about it this way, his email was alone and surrounded by other emails from different people (some were duplicates) but his name showed up some 10 emails later while others were still right next to each other.

Hopefully this explanation can put an end to this bickering and let AO life be happy again :-)

The MAD Tech has spoken :cool:

Riotz
05-18-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by AGD
We did find other examples of cases where it was not humanly possible to send that many emails in the same time frame. None of those people won any prizes. We are going to let it drop now but we will revise our contest methods in the future.

WHAT?! I'm supper fast on the computer! :D

Anyways... There are bugs in outlook which let you send an email over and over really fast. I hope you didn't disqualify people because they sent emails too fast. Plus, the point of an "email bomb" is to send emails as fast as you can.

Never were there rules to "rule out" the use of programs. If it weren't for these programs, it would have taken you an hour to reach 3000 emails...

Originally posted by agdjon
he did not cheat

There were NO rules on how you could send the emails. So THEREFORE, you can't cheat if there are no rules..

WTG Brian!!

dansim
05-18-2002, 05:26 AM
congrats brian i didnt even know there was acontreversy, anyway can i have your vapor works:D have fun with the emag