PDA

View Full Version : help please! must 'mess' with sear length

brainsquirm
05-13-2002, 03:38 PM
I have an original RT, that i bought used and I recently got me an intelli.
When i first installed the intelli, there was no gap between the trigger and the seartip! In fact the sear was so long, it was pushing against the trigger and it was impossible to fire a shot. So i thought, heck, i'll just get me a brand new sear from AGD (AGD Europe that is), because then it's preset to the right size.

Unfortunatly it didn't work out that way. The thing i got from AGD was still way too long for my intelli. It was brand-new though. So, knowing better, I had to adjust it myself.
Now i got to the point where it's able to fire, but i still don't know if i did this right.
So are there any techs out there who could tell me how to set it up right?

Help would be greatly appriciated

TransMan
05-13-2002, 07:46 PM
every gun has its own length thee best way is to send it in to agd and specificly ask them to make sure the rod is the correct length

max-mag
05-13-2002, 08:09 PM
nah man, just screw the sear in a bit, not much though,maybe 1 full turn.the other end of the trigger rod should be even with end of the threaded part on the brass of the sear. I unscrewed my rod out 2 turns from its original spot, i dont have and RT valve NE more, but my trigger pull is so short that even with the safety it shoots (put the safety on on yer intelli and see how much slack there is, my pull cant be any longer than that)