PDA

View Full Version : Mr Kaye please read it is very important. I was wondering if you could answer a few ?

paintballrulzs
05-13-2002, 04:20 PM
Ok I have a research paper in school that i have been working on. I thought today during english who better to ask his views on this subject than Mr Kaye himself. Here is my question:

With all the new advances in paintball within the last 10 years or so, do you think they have greatly affected the sport? (such as popularity, safety, etc) Also is it alright if i could site you as one of my sources. Thanks a lot

paintballrulzs
05-13-2002, 04:34 PM
sorry i didn't mean to make it sound like it was important. It is to me sorry. I would love to include your insights on this topic. Thanks

AGD
05-13-2002, 05:31 PM
What exactly is the question? I can probably answer it here.

AGD

paintballrulzs
05-13-2002, 05:38 PM
My topic for my paper are the advances in paintball over time and how they have affected the sport. I was wondering how you believe that these advances in paintball have affected the sport. Basically some of the info i have so far would be safer equipment such as goggles, cheaper equipment, ect. I need to have 1 interview in my paper and thought to ask you. Basically how do u think the advances in paintball in recent histroy have affected its popularity, societies outlook on the game, ect?

Thanks

paintballrulzs
05-13-2002, 06:23 PM
UPS!

TransMan
05-13-2002, 08:12 PM
^ups^
i would like to know TK's opinions too if he sends u a pm with your answer could u foward it to me thx

paintballrulzs
05-14-2002, 01:56 PM
Up

paintballrulzs
05-14-2002, 07:27 PM
Up :(

paintballrulzs
05-14-2002, 09:01 PM
1 more for tonight

paintballrulzs
05-15-2002, 07:25 PM
My Kaye...I would love to incorporate you in my paper, but i need a reply by this thursday

AGD
05-15-2002, 10:00 PM
I started it but my computer guy came in and screwed me up. Ill have it thurs. AGD

paintballrulzs
05-16-2002, 05:48 AM
Thank you so much

AGD
05-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Advanced in paintball have mirrored what happened between Russia and the US in the cold war. What ever one has the other has to have it too. If yours is good then I have to make mine better.

From co2 to compressed air, pumps to semi's everything about the game has gotten faster and in your face. It has affected the sport in that the high end is now a long way from the newcomer. You can't take a first time player and stick in in an airball field. He will get ground to a pulp. In the old days you could drag your dad out into the woods and he could limp throught the game and still have fun. That is still somewhat true today but the leading edge of the sport had gotten crazy.

If someone said "In ten years paintguns will shoot 20 bps and we will be the 5th most popular outdoor sport" People would have said they were crazy. Yet it stands today consuming 5,000,000,000 paintballs a year.

The attitudes of the players has changed too. In the eighties everyone had a differnt idea of what worked or didn't. Today paintball is as much a lifestyle as a sport. Pro players LOOK like pro players. Paintball jersies are distinctive and you can spot one in a crowd. Wear camos to World Cup pLEAse!! (talk to the hand) How you and your marker looks is something you will pay a lot of money for today. In the old days you were cool if you found your camos for cheap at the army surpluss.

When speedball was first introduced everyone thought it was a joke since it was a California thing. The air field has revolutionized paintball by bringing it out of the woods and into a legitimate sports type field. Crowd participation now plays a huge roll in playing the game when before it was non-existent.

Paintball will continue to evolve and like fashion, new ideas will come from out of the blue and also from reworking old ones. I think I can safely say no other sport has grown so fast in the face of such widespread controversy. It is a miracle we are even here at all.

Tom Kaye

paintballrulzs
05-16-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks :) I knew i would get an incredible response thanks.

Mossman
05-16-2002, 08:17 PM
That was a incredible TKish response. You da man TOM!