PDA

View Full Version : SuperBolt / To Be Or Not To Be / Name That Bolt

Tinsletown
05-13-2002, 05:29 PM
Good day all... As of late, I purchased a SuperBolt from our valuable online "Forsale Forum" for my RT Pro and since I fired approx 600 shots w/ it, I now have questions for our experienced "SUPERBOLT" owners.

#1 - What kind of grease if any would you use on your "SUPERBOLT".
-->Reason for asking is after firing 600+ shots it seems my spring is quickly wearing the plastic off the bolt and leaving frayed plastic all over my gun (CRAPPER!!!!)

#2 - What is the best way of setting those little rubber bumpers inside the bolt.
--> I have tried crazy glue. When cycling the gun w/o balls (running lube) the rubber piece comes off w/o fail.

Check out the picture attached. What type is this bolt and what are your feelings about it?

Just a side note. Where do you recommend placing lube?? What is the absolute time proven practice for maintaining this gun??

DeepFrz97
05-13-2002, 10:07 PM
The sleeve was made to be a wear item. It is supposed to wear the way you are describing. If you lube it you run the risk of it swelling.
As far as the foamies coming off when you dry fire the gun, that is a normal problem with foamies. Basically use epoxy or super glue to put the foamies on and then don't dry fire.

BlackVCG
05-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Do not use any oil or grease on the bolt. The reason why it's wearing is probably because you have a stock bolt spring and wire nubbins. The first thing to do is take your bolt spring and use a dremel or file and at the very end of the spring coil where it's cut off, grind down that edge. That edge is usually sharp and will scratch up the sleeve. Make sure to grind down both sides, or just make sure to put the side that you ground down towards the end of the bolt facing down the barrel.

Next, order the plastic nubbins. They work better and are easier on the bolt.

As for the foamies, you need to make sure to use a knife or something to scrape off the surface that the foamie glues to and then clean it with alcohol. The more scratched up the surface is, the better the foamie will hold. Get high quality bonding glue like at a hobby store and use that to glue on the foamie. I stick a needle in the top of the foamie and then I can hold onto the needle to get it perfectly centered on the bolt when I'm glueing on a new one.

That bolt in your picture is a long sleeve AGD foamie bolt. That's a good bolt to use.

Tinsletown
05-14-2002, 06:21 AM
Thanks a bunch guys...very much appreciated.:D