PDA

View Full Version : i need some knowledgable advice please...

Brian68mag
05-13-2002, 06:12 PM
Hi, for my new emag i need a barrel,Cradle, loader and a tank, i sold my old stuff to my friend aaron, (gun,loader,barrel,tank) for 600
Now im pretty set on getting another kapp dzone2+adapter for the cradle. The barrel would eathier be a new 2002 AA or a boomy, which would you recommend? and the loader would eathier be a 12v revvy/x and impeller or a halo, ive heard halo problem storied but i know it can feed faster, so which would be a better choice, i dont really want a warp, because its 100+ 70 doller loader which would make it a bit to much, and ive played with one and i found it a bit cumbersome.. for the tank i want to get a agd flatline 3000 or a AA raptor or melee..

please give me your advice :)

BlackVCG
05-13-2002, 06:26 PM
The new belt drive HALO looks very promising. Just watch the video Tom just put up.

I don't care for either of the barrels you listed. I'd go for the Custom Products barrel kit, or if you want individual barrels, I'd go for Lapco, BOA or Custom Products barrels.

Get the AGD Flatline. You'll be happy you got the adjustable system with the E-Mag. Plus, the Flatline comes with its own drop. KAPP DZ cradles IMO opinion put the tank way too far forward and you don't have as stable of a setup that way.

Load SM5
05-13-2002, 06:30 PM
Good Lord, where to start?

Congrats first...:D

If you like DZ's then get another. I find drops that go too far down a little hard to deal with. I like to be able to shoulder the tank without cramping my wrist too much.

The barrel really depends on the paint you normally use. RPS paints seem to love a boomstick.

My HALO worked pretty well and the new ones look promising. However, when paint chopped inside of the loader during my first tourney that was enough for me. I sold it and got a WAS turbo rev. It feeds pretty fast, as well, but I do use mine with a warp.

As far as tank I'd look at a flatline.

Brian68mag
05-13-2002, 09:52 PM
well i uselly shoot marbs,anarchy pro, severe or kick'n, which barrel is the best for those?
how far does the drop on the tank drop it? enough?

Kaiser Bob
05-13-2002, 11:01 PM
as far as barrel, id say get one of the freak or cp kits. Once you get into having perfect paint barrel match, you dont want to go back :). Also the new halos look really nice.

Curly
05-13-2002, 11:17 PM
The new belt drive halos are REALLY nice. When Lii God and I went to Bob Longs Wharehouse/Shop we got to shoot a GZ team intimadator with the prototype halo on it. It was sweet. Unloaded an entire hopper very fast with no missed balls. We also didnt have to wait for the hopper to catch up like on revys. It was also a redish clear design which was cool. It was also very quiet with the belt drive. Imo these are going to be very good hoppers and i cant wait to pick one up.

Army
05-14-2002, 12:05 AM
The stock barrel is pretty good for me. But then, I'm a cheap bastard:)