PDA

View Full Version : Dimpled Paintballs

tomcat
05-14-2002, 11:09 AM
I have noticed that if the dimple (flat spot) in some paintballs is on the same side as a single nubbin (ball detent) then the ball can roll too far forward. I am wondering if this might be causing the occasional ball breakage in the breech/barrel that I see. (Assume I have covered all the other bases!) even though my nubbin looks fine! Has anyone looked at this?

a_malfunction
05-14-2002, 11:29 AM
It might...

But what are you doing shooting dimpled paint? Judging from your sig, you have plenty of money to spend on the game, so why shoot crappy paint?

tomcat
05-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Dimpled paint is more a factor of storage and temperature. Even the best stuff dimples if the climate is right. I live in Illinois and when the weather is cold the paint is dimpled. I also like to play open games (walk on) and if you have to use field paint then you get what you get :)

FrAuStY
05-14-2002, 12:58 PM
I could see this happening. I also noticed when I put my warp on my gun, it was feeding past the nubbin/detent. Sooo... I just put another nubbin on the second nubbin hole for my barrel. Fixed the double feed problem and hasn't affected my gun at all. I kinda like have two nubbins WOOT!
BTW has anyone had problems running two nubbins in their barrel across from each other? (Opposite sides of the barrel)

tomcat
05-14-2002, 01:29 PM
Cool. I bought an angel nubbin Monday night so that I will have two like you. I think it may help. I had to drill out a section of metal that was sticking past the hole on the other side and then retap it. I have the SFL e-mag so my nubbins are actually ball detents in the side of the breech. I am going to try it on Saturday...DOH Just remembered this weekend is the Centerflag Paintball Yorkville 7–man tournament so I will have to use my trusty Angel! Damn (Is that a swear word? :)!

I used to use two nubbinns in some of my barrels on one of my Automag RTs and never had any problem with them.