PDA

View Full Version : sometimes i try to help people out to much./

brian terry
05-14-2002, 07:27 PM
as long as iv been playing iv tryed to help people out ,iv gave good guns to people that had junk for paintball markers ,iv even gave away stuff on AO as well, the 200 dollar gift card and even a emag ,iv went out of my way sometimes to help people out ,but to day i was not able to help someone with there paintball gun couse i broke my ankle in vegas playing with dirty mags couse they only had 8 poeple on the team ,and the kid got mad at me and told me i was just being a A HOLE,man sometimes i get sick of paintball,tom k now i know how you fell u help people out and some of them just crap on u no matter what you do to help them./

Kaiser Bob
05-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Brian, listen there will always be people out there who wont appreciate anything you could possibly do for them. But think about all the people that are grateful to you for what you do? I for one admire you for how far you go to help people out, and i hope one little run in with an ingrate wont turn you off from the sport! :)

spacemanspiff
05-14-2002, 07:38 PM
Dude that sucks man. Don't listen to that punk kid. Those people that you really helped, like me with my SFL, really appreciate it. And its to bad the good people are the ones that get dumpped on most of the time. But I for one am thankful for all your help:cool: :cool:

Jonno06
05-14-2002, 07:42 PM
eh,that guy was nothing but an AHOLE,and a hypocrit to boot....

i also admire you......you are indeed....a good samaritan(sp)

FooTemps
05-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Hell, I'm one of those lucky people that EVERYBODY wants to help out.... I greatly appreciate what everyone does to help others out, info or gear...

2000Sabre
05-14-2002, 09:33 PM
Brian,

Don't get too down on people. Thankfully there are more people in this world that appreciate the things others do for them. As someone who has personally experienced your help I know I appreciated it. Hope you're back on the fields soon. Get well and hang around AO where, like Cheers, everyone knows your name.

RobAGD
05-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Brian - Thats why you keep Sparky Parts handy for boobie trapping thier gun when you work on it next.

This is an Old School joke for some of you newbs other there, you have to know some of your AGD history to get this.

-Robert

shartley
05-15-2002, 06:11 AM
brian terry
I am sorry to hear that. I fully understand and have had similar things happen… burned me up as well.

However…

tom k now i know how you fell u help people out and some of them just crap on u no matter what you do to help them.
I have to point out that what YOU do as a private person can never be compared to what Tom does, or vice versa. Why? Tom acts on behalf of his business. And businesses do not do “nice things” simply out of the kindness of their hearts, even if they really are nice folks.. as Tom is.

I think too many forget that, or fail to see it. Tom runs a business and many of his actions are dictated because of it… good and bad. Tom likes to create the illusion that he is one of the AO Masses… but he is not. ;) He IS AGD and too many forget it and forget that they are not dealing with a “buddy” on the same level as everyone else, but with the Owner of the company. He is held to higher standards (or should be), and does things for much different reasons than people might think. That does not mean they are not GOOD things, but they are not always what people think they are…. ;)

Once again, I am sorry to hear you were treated like that. Keep your chin up and NEVER change… those of us who GIVE need to keep giving, because there are so many that simply will not.

Creative Mayhem
05-15-2002, 08:59 AM
sparky parts huh?.... I haven't heard that term used in a long time. I still have my sparky parts kits for all of you guys that decide to ruin my day and Brian's.

Take it easy bro, then get out there and tune his piano! or marker as the case may be. Later man:cool:

Mango
05-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Well Brian, I've never talked to you personally but I hear your name A LOT! Spacemanspiff is always thankful for your help, I've heard him many times say how much you helped him out.

But there are always those people that no matter what you do or say, they are just unreachable. I used to work in sales and there were always those customers that you couldnt please. We called them "skunks" but you can call them whatever. :) But to those people, and the guy that called you an A-hole, I have one thing to say:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/ownedgun.jpg

So keep your head up bud, things will pan out in the end. But until then, you always got US!!!!!! HAHA. (I dunno if that helps but...) :D