PDA

View Full Version : July 13th Charity event at Lone Wolf

StuDawggie
05-14-2002, 08:24 PM
AO,
I just wanted to let all of you know that on Saturday July 13th at Lone Wolf Paintball West (in Metamora MI) there will be a charity paintball outing for the family of a slain Detroit Police officer. The details of it haven't been finalized yet, but the date is set, and radio personalities from 97.1's Deminski and Doyle show will be there (this includes Deminski, Doyle, Rudy, and Beaver). They were talking about it on their show today and were called newbies by several people, and really hyping this thing up. I would love too see a bunch of AO'ers there to support this cause. The field is about 45 minutes north of the Palace on Lapeer Rd. Details should be finalized by the end of next week, and you can call to reserve your spot starting next week. The phone number is (800) 845-WOLF, or you can checkout their website (I don't know if they've posted anything about this event yet) at www.lonewolfpaintball.com. Let's help out this officer's family and show people what AO is.

Thanks to everyone in advance who goes out and helps to support this event. All of you will rock.

Stu

P.S. I also want to get a lot of Mags out there so we can school all of the cocky Cocker users who will most likely flood the place to show off their guns and talk crap about Mags.

Fred
05-14-2002, 09:47 PM
Hey, another Michigander raises his hand!

I'll be out of town... but there's a few others around here who might be interested.

---Fred

datapimp69
05-15-2002, 01:00 AM
ill be there,

but ill have to be one of those cocker guys.

sold my emag, to wait for the level 10 Xtream.

but im going to be there.

i keep trying to call D&D to day but busy busy busy

you going to hell this weekend for the 12hr wayne dollack?

StuDawggie
05-15-2002, 06:07 AM
unfortunately I can't go to hell thsi weekend, cuz I have to work all weekend, but I'd love to go to it. I won't give you too much crap for being a cocky coker guy, since you've had a mag and know how good they are. I'll see at LW on the 13th.

StuDawggie
05-15-2002, 04:43 PM
up ^^^^^

StuDawggie
05-17-2002, 07:17 PM
I said I'd post details as soon as I had them and I just got them today for the charity event.

Cost is $25 (that cover registration, and rental if needed) with 100% of that going to the family of the slain officer.

Field paint only (call for exact prices, they have membership pricesm and non-member prices)

Registration starts at 8:00 and play goes from 10-5.

The event is being held at their Metatamora field. If you need directions there, you can PM or e-mail me and I'll try to get you there, or you can call Lone Wolf at (800)795-WOLF

As I stated earlier the staff of the the Deminski and Doyle show from 97.1 in Detroit will be there as well, not just to be idiots, but to actually try and play.

C'mon you guys (and gals) I don't want to be one of only 2 AO people there (and the only one of us AO'ers with a mag at that). If you live in northern OH or Il, even close to Ontario (if you want to deal with customs) you can make the trip. Heck if you contact me I'll help you find a hotel to stay at if I need to do that to get more people to come (I said help find not pay for so let's get that straight right now). I hope to see a bunch of you there, and remember this is for a man who died in the line of duty protecting us from a criminals. (also I know this for a fact: Detroit police officers are the 2nd lowest paid officers in the state, and survivor benefits for the family are next too nothing. So if nothing else let's help out this man's 2 children).

Thanks for all of your support,
Stu

StuDawggie
05-18-2002, 11:26 PM
UP^

wyn1370
05-20-2002, 08:23 AM
I'll try to swing out that way. Lone wolf tends to be expensive, but I really like the field and reffing.

StuDawggie
05-20-2002, 09:39 PM
Wyn,
I agree LW can be a little expensive at times, but Ithink this is one of those times when paying a little more for a good cause is worth it. Like I said earlier this is a fundraiser for the family of a Detroit Police officer who was killed in the line of duty. Hopefully you can make it out there.

wyn1370
05-21-2002, 07:26 AM
more than likely I'll show up, if I don't have another stupid wedding to go to.

StuDawggie
05-21-2002, 07:59 AM
I know what you mean. I'm actually skipping my fraternity brother's wedding to go. Now before everyone gets all ticked off at me for playing paintballl instead of going to a wedding, I don't like this guy, never have, and probably never will, and the woman he's marrying is a complete and total b*tch. That's why I'm playing the "I have family coming in from out of town that I haven't seen in years, and I promised to take my cousin to play paintball since he's never been" card to escape having to go. So I'm telling them a half truth, rather than the exact reason. If you need help escaping a wedding, I have about 80 other excuses (many of which I used on an ex-girlfriend who asked me to stand up in her wedding with her sister)to get out of them.

StuDawggie
05-24-2002, 05:36 PM
Anyone intersted in registering for the details on this charity event, or who want to find out more about the officer and how he died on a routine traffic stop can go to www.971fm.com and read the details. The info link is at the the top of the home page. C'mon people, we need to make a real showing at this thing.

RT_Luver
05-24-2002, 10:54 PM
this is gunna be the day B4 I turn 15

StuDawggie
05-27-2002, 09:34 PM
UP

StuDawggie
06-27-2002, 09:35 PM
I know I'm bringing back an old thread, but this event is only a few weeks away, and I talked to the owner and he said that there are only about 70 people registered for this thing. C'mon people, let's help out this guy's family. After all he died trying to make our streets safer.

wyn1370
06-28-2002, 07:06 AM
I didn't register yet. Didn't know you had to. I'll go register right now.
Added on: I checked out 971 and lonewolf, there was no place to register online. I'm guessing other people have had the same issue and just plan on doing walk on.

StuDawggie
07-01-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
I didn't register yet. Didn't know you had to. I'll go register right now.
Added on: I checked out 971 and lonewolf, there was no place to register online. I'm guessing other people have had the same issue and just plan on doing walk on.

If you e-mail the D&D show they'll register you're name without having to call anyone. Just give them your name and phone and you'll be set.