PDA

View Full Version : good setup?

Schnitzel
05-14-2002, 10:11 PM

Schnitzel
05-14-2002, 10:12 PM
just wanted to know of what you all thought...like it? dislike it?

(if you hadn't guessed, this is what i want)

....and i currently have a stock minimag

Ov3rmind
05-14-2002, 10:28 PM
Looks good, but you might have a hard time playing without a feedneck for your hopper ;). On a more serious note though: You might wan't to get a new barrel, and give serious consideration to a new drop. The thing is, that'll be near impossible to shoulder (the tank). Nice choice on the Nitro Duck tank though.

TransMan
05-14-2002, 10:32 PM
looks nice but i would replace that duck for a flatline

Schnitzel
05-14-2002, 10:33 PM
i did forget tht powerfeed. and the barrel is plain because i didnt feel like drawing a J&J ceramic. i think i'll stick with the cradle, as it allows for an offset bottle.(i just couldn't illustrate that very well.)

a_malfunction
05-15-2002, 08:32 AM
Just get the KAPP stubby cradle. It allows you to do the same thing. You've got to remember that the Z is kinda like a drop forward in and of itself.

joeyjoe367
05-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I'd say get a smaller drop. you're going to get a kink in your neck shootin' that thing :)

Oh, and don't forget a warp feed, slice up the hopper, and set it up tight!

Joeyjoe = Odveously (sp?) influenced by BlackVCG's Mag :)

FeelTheRT
05-15-2002, 03:19 PM
how are you gonig to hold it steady?? get rid of the cradle.

other than that... not bad

thecavemankevin
05-15-2002, 04:00 PM
One catch though, one your foregrip extender, it wont fit without modifing it a little bit. This is because the trigger gaurd on the z cover the screw hole for the extender. You will need to grind part of the meat from the extender in order to fit, or buy one that has been ground down already.

If you are interested i have a polished Kapp one that i ground down perfectly, but then sold my z grip for a hyper frame. PM me if you are, and i can get pics if you need.

Croix71
05-15-2002, 07:35 PM
Get a smaller drop forward. Unless your comfortable having your tank that far forward. On my set up I ended up using a Shockteck Mini.

As for the Kapp extender, Caveman is right. You'll have to put a notch on the extender. Do a search, Black VCG had a nice pic as to what the the notch should look like. It can be done at home with some metal files. It'll take about an hour or so to do.

Schnitzel
05-15-2002, 08:38 PM
i'm gonna stick with the cradle...as its being held at my local shop.

i was lookning high and low on the net for a regular gadget grip, not like pictured above, but like this: http://home.earthlink.net/~restola/auto4.gif
(i copied this from restola, its only for reference)

does anybody have any clue as to where i can get one? where'd you get yours, restola?