PDA

View Full Version : Custom Mag...Help Required

Ragnarok
05-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Hi...amn i haven't posted on these forums in a while...

here's the deal, i am building my own Mag out of scratch in order to be happy with my purchase...

um..i just need help getting this list straight because i haven't yet built a mag for myself

here's the list:
Polished Minimag main body hopper left
OR
Matte black RT body center feed..

Intelliframe 2x blade chrome

RT valve

Wizard spacer kit

------------------------------------------------------

the few questions i have are:
1. Will i be able to put the RT front gas-thru grip on any of these main bodies...
2. which of the main bodies above is better for longterm servicing and size and whatnot.
3. Anyone know where i can get a better deal than 300$ for a RT valve assembly?
4. Is there any way to get myself a micromag body instead in order to get the cocker threading?
5.Is it a good idea at all to build my own mag or should i just kill my dream and buy a standard model and upgrade from there?

Thanks to all those with enough patience to respond to this...hope it works out....

My friend is building a custom cocker...wonder how well it'll work out for him?heh!
:)

xmetal2001
05-15-2002, 09:44 PM
Ok here it goes:

1. Will i be able to put the RT front gas-thru grip on any of these main bodies...
I believe the foregrip attaches to the RT rail, so no unless you can find an RT rail which you probably wont.
2. which of the main bodies above is better for longterm servicing and size and whatnot.
Well, the minimag body will be longer because of the "vents" on the front. All AGD bodies will give about the same lifespan(a very long time)\
3. Anyone know where i can get a better deal than 300$ for a RT valve assembly?
I assume your looking for the Retro Valve, not the RT valve. Try to find one used in the classifieds
4. Is there any way to get myself a micromag body instead in order to get the cocker threading?
I dont know where you can get a micromag body, but you could always wait for the xtreme body to come out, that will use cocker threads
5.Is it a good idea at all to build my own mag or should i just kill my dream and buy a standard model and upgrade from there?
If you really want to have a custom mag just for u and dont' mind finding all the parts, go for the building your own thing. However, theres only so much customization you can do with a mag and it'll probably be cheaper to buy a prebuilt one