PDA

View Full Version : Where i get VERTICAL 2002 minimag barrels?

OrangeDude
05-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Hi does anybody know where i can get barrels for the new 2002 vertical feed minimags? I'll even take a stock j&J if you guys know where i can get one. send my some links please :)

Load SM5
05-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Custom Products, Smart Parts, and I think Dye makes centerfeed barrels along with J&J. Some one here can also modify existing regular barrels to fit vert feed mags but I don't remember exactly who, right now.

Bartman
05-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey,

and don't forget BOA, there barrels rock. you can see them at www.barrelsofamerica.com

Any ways, catch you in the middle

Bartman
Team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org

OrangeDude
05-16-2002, 12:25 AM
hi can anybody send me an actual link to a store that has one. I've been looking but can only find barrels that are for the normal mags. i went to pbgear ace xpaintball and they don't specify center feed or there's no option to select center feed so i assume they are the normal ones. thanks

DiRTyBuNNy
05-16-2002, 01:17 AM
I can tell you CP DOES NOT make center feed mag barrels..I've got an email from a person from the company telling me that, and i even posted a copy of the email in a thread a while back..on the other hand..I'm 100% sure DYE does offer the boomsticks in center feed and I'll be at the factory tomorrow so i promise to ask and Orange Dude you can order the barrels directly from Dye by calling their 1-800 number..i'll check on availibility while i'm there also...

damageinc54
05-16-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Some one here can also modify existing regular barrels to fit vert feed mags but I don't remember exactly who, right now.

That would be me. I am a Machinist and I can modify any L slot mag barrel to work on a centerfeed mag. My cost is low and you do not have to buy a new barrel. Look at the pic and notice the new hole for the twist lock. I mill this hole to line up with the centerfeed. Contact me if you are interested.

OrangeDude
05-16-2002, 04:30 PM
how much do you charge damage:)? oh say a 12 or 14 " j&j ceramic? Do you warranty your work? For example if for some reason it flies out of my gun and hits somebody in the face will you repair it for free after you worked on it. How many barrels have you worked on btw.
thanks

Oh dirty thanks for checking for me but i heard dyes are way too much like in the 50+ range. I'm happy with a good old
-50 j&j ceramic

damageinc54
05-17-2002, 01:28 AM
I charge 25.00 per barrel shipped back to you. I drop the price if you send me more than one at a time. The only way one of my modified barrels would fly out of your gun is if you did not install it correctly. I am not some hack with a dremel drilling a hole into the barrels. I am a Machinst and do this kind of stuff every day. I do all of the work on a programable Bridgeport mill and I have a set-up that I made so I hit the same spot on the barrel every time I mill one. I only do this modification to L slot barrels. J&J uses the T slot on their barrels and I will not modify a T slot barrel. If you want to use a J&J Ceramic I suggest you just call them and have one custom made from them. They do make centerfeed barrels by request but I am unsure how much they charge for them.