PDA

View Full Version : ShootDown on RT

ThePatriot
05-15-2002, 10:43 PM
I know this belongs in tech but nothing in tech ever gets answered and you all know it.

My mag, 68 classic w/ flatline, macro directly from tank to Retro valve. I was getting shootdown at like 6 bps, major shootdown, the ball only goes like 20 feet, i do not know why, it was simple to fix though, wait a second then start again. I was informed the RT valve is capable of 22BPS w/o shootdown(this i believe) i am just wondering what could be causing the shootdown on mine, i havent the slightest clue. I dont know what the input was at, i thought it was 850, but it was reading 600 at the end of the day, i hope the tank is ok.

MantisMag
05-15-2002, 10:57 PM
could be the tank. could also be the on/off. i was getting shootdown on my retro. at the end of the day my on/off failed completely and started leaking. i replaced the on/off and it works fine now.

M-a-s-sDriver
05-15-2002, 11:58 PM
I know it's not supposed to work, and the techs say it does'nt work, but if you put another teflon o-ring on the regulater stem in the back of the valve, it may cure the problem. I have no idea why, but if an RT starts to act up that way, I do this quick fix and it cures the problem. I have never actually thought about the process to figure it out, but try it and see if it works for you.
Brent Jackson, ACE-PFB.

BlackVCG
05-16-2002, 12:50 AM
Quite possibly your spring pack in your Flatline might be backwards. Go see my thread on Flatline Maintenance in the Tech Forum and there will be a pic of the orientation of the spring pack. If it's put in backwards, you will get horrible shootdown.

Another thing you can do is disconnect the hose from your Flatline to the gun and open the on/off air should come screaming out. If it doesn't seem like it's flowing much, check out the Flatline and report back with what you find.

FrAuStY
05-16-2002, 12:22 PM
Also I was reading in my manual the other day and I saw where sometimes the spring pack in the reg will bind (won't expand) and this causes incremental shootdown until the marker will not fire any more until it's gased up with the trigger pulled. Inthere they say to tighten the reg nut down until it tightens no more. The loosen it back up and re-chrono gun. Also as blackvcg stated check out the flatline airflow and spring pack. Good luck :)