PDA

View Full Version : Intimidator Question & Flatline Question

Thordic
05-16-2002, 10:12 AM
I know there are a few Timmy owners out there, so I have a question.

If I buy a Classic Timmy, and instead of an inline reg I run a Dye foregrip, and rely on the Timmy HPR, what should I set my Flatline too?

I was thinking I could set the output pressure on the flatline down to 400 or whatever if I needed to. What do you reccomend?

Also, anyone who knows a lot about Flatlines, with turning the pressure down that low effect the flow rate of the reg?

Just trying to figure out how I am going to set this up, thanks.

covadsucks
05-16-2002, 10:24 AM
Set the Flatline to 500 psi, it'll be just fine.

Thordic
05-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Thanks. Thats what I was looking for :)

The Timmy forum over on PBN is a mess. They are too busy drooling over GZ's and Dragons to actually give any useful information.

BlackVCG
05-16-2002, 10:59 AM
The Flatline spring pack is tuned up around 800psi output. The spring pack out of an AIR valve is tuned around 400psi. If you want to run the Flatline at low pressure, just get an AIR valve spring pack.

Thordic
05-16-2002, 11:13 AM
Hm, ok, thanks :)

thecavemankevin
05-16-2002, 12:07 PM
supposedly you cant go lp on the timmy without an inline reg. Thats what the guys over at pbc said, but it doesn't sound right to me. If you have an adjustable tank, i don't know why not.

Thordic
05-16-2002, 12:29 PM
A normal Timmy is already a "low pressure marker". but you can gut the HPR, and in doing so turn it into a volumnizer, in which case you need an inline reg or you will blow the hell out of your solenoid. Somewhere in there you can lower the operating pressure of your gun :)

But you can just use the HPR as it was designed to work, and then use a foregrip. Hell, with an adjustable tank, you could probably bring the output pressure down to like 200 and gut the HPR, but a single-regged marker isn't all that consistant. I'm not counting the LPR, maybe it should count too though. It brings up an interesting question, anyway. Would a Timmy come double-regged stock? HPR and LPR? Then if you use an HPA tank, you have an automatic triple regged gun?

I'm not sure on the inner workings of a Timmy yet, though, like I said, not ordering it till next week or so.

rpm07
05-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Thordic let me know how things work out because I am realy thinking of getting a Timmy. I would love to get a Emag but I think they are just over priced. Dont get me wrong I love AGD and have always shot mags, but I want eletro and will not pay $1500 for a Xtreme or SFL.

Thanks Mike

Thordic
05-16-2002, 03:00 PM
You bet. When I get it, I'll let you know, and you can come try it out or whatever.