PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever have this happen to them...

hitech
05-17-2002, 11:39 AM
On Saturday I was talked into playing a mini 3 man "tournament". I was the most experienced player on our team (I played my last real tournament in 1991 with a pump!). I also had the "Big gun". Because it was called a "tournament" I was full of adrenaline. I didn't stop telling my team what to do until the 5 second count down started. Once in the game I short stroked constantly. It was so bad that I wondered if something was wrong with my 'mag (there wasn't). I still managed to bunker someone. Has that ever happened to you? Get all pumped up just because it has the word "tournament" describing the game? Have you ever not been able to stop short stroking because of adrenaline?

BTW, I am fairly new to 'mags.

Cha0tic
05-17-2002, 11:51 AM
let me guess, you were all pumped up, and started to lay some fire. you fanned the trigger, got like 10bps off and then paint blew up down your barrel? ya that happends, but you learn to control it.

mrbrutal
05-17-2002, 02:27 PM
I can't say I've ever played in a "tournament" but one reason I got an electronic frame was to eliminate the short stroking

Army
05-17-2002, 04:13 PM
In hunting, we call that "Buck Fever". The adrenaline is pumping so hard, that you think you are controlling your shots, but your finger is all over the place as fast as it can go!

Big breaths, count down with the timer so it's not a surprise, and think game always.:cool:

hitech
05-17-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Army
The adrenaline is pumping so hard, that you think you are controlling your shots, but your finger is all over the place as fast as it can go!

Yup, that's me! I have always had that problem. In that game, I KNEW I was probably short stroking it, and still couldn't stop. :rolleyes:

Also, I was surprised at how seriously I took the game (hence all the adrenaline). It wasn't a "real" tournament. I acted like it was anyway. Prior to our turn, the rest of my team went and played in the rec ball game while I stayed and watched all the "tournament" games so I could better understand what worked and what didn't.

Am I the only one who goes off the deep end like this?

hitech
05-17-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by mrbrutal
...one reason I got an electronic frame was to eliminate the short stroking

Yeah, I need and eletro, but just can't afford it right now. I've always wanted one, even before they existed! I can short stroke anything! :eek:

Curly
05-17-2002, 05:38 PM
where was this "tournament"? was it at the jungle? if so was it on their "speedball field" or like zulu or something?

hitech
05-17-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Curly
where was this "tournament"? was it at the jungle? if so was it on their "speedball field" or like zulu or something?

Yes, it was at the Jungle. They held it in Speedball. It was kinda fun. We did better than I expected. That's always good. :cool:

Curly
05-17-2002, 06:15 PM
lol ok. who reffed? i hope they didnt have the jungle refs doing it. except for Juaquin cause he is hella cool.

hitech
05-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Curly
lol ok. who reffed? i hope they didnt have the jungle refs doing it. except for Juaquin cause he is hella cool.

Actually, there were no on field refs. In out first game the rec ball game players were shooting (and hitting) one of the players on my team. Kinda made that game hard to win (we lost). That was the only game we lost (we only played 2 ;) ). It wasn't a "real" torunament. I just took it WAY to seriously.

Curly
05-17-2002, 07:16 PM
lol ok. knowing the jungle i bet there was a lot of wiping going on. one of the many reasons i dont play there too much.

BTAutoMag
05-17-2002, 08:12 PM
ive never short stroked in my life i guess im lucky

hitech
05-17-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
ive never short stroked in my life i guess im lucky

Now that would be the understatement of the year! :p

However, I don't have any problems in rec games, even the far more intense 20 (us) on 60+ (them). It's just that word, "tournament". There must be something wrong with me (my wife was right). No one else goes off the deep end like this, huh? Come on, someone, lie to me if you have to! ;)

shupore
05-17-2002, 11:39 PM
HEY!!! I think your the one that bunkered me at paintball jungle last weekend!!!!!!!!!! I was the kid with the mag wit a warp and using a dye invision mask. It was my very first tournament and it was the most fun I've had playing paintball EVER! I was so excited that I didn't even feel you shoot me forearm from like 4 feet away until I went home and found a huge bruise.

hitech
05-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by shupore
HEY!!! I think your the one that bunkered me at paintball jungle last weekend!!!!!!!!!! I was the kid with the mag with a warp...

Could be. I remember you in general, but as you can tell I was a little pumped! I can't believe how bad I was! Nice to know it's not just me. :D It's nice hearing the "story" from the other point of view. It was great fun! :D

AGD
05-19-2002, 06:48 PM
Yes adrenalin makes your muscles work faster and yes that's why you short stroke.

AGD

hitech
05-19-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Yes adrenalin makes your muscles work faster and yes that's why you short stroke.

Yeah, but you would think by now I would be over that! It was really irritating because I had such a good shot on the guy on the other side of the field. I have learned to shoot the warp from the left side of the bunker (yea!). I was surprised at myself. It’s not like I haven’t been there before. Oh well, I just need an emag.

BTW, are you always at work? ;)

liigod
05-19-2002, 07:52 PM
yea my bud was reffing that, i was guna play but im sick. Anyway, no thats never happened to me, cus i have a timmy ;) . Sherwood tournament can be fun, i subbed for a guy once.

Curly
05-19-2002, 10:28 PM
notice how he said jungle and not sherwood?