PDA

View Full Version : Blemished Minimag Bodies Pictures

Potatoboy
05-17-2002, 09:40 PM
Ok. Finally got ahold of my blemished minimag body from synreal.

I know BlackVCG took some pictures of his, but he didn't post them.

< sarcasm >

I will not tolerate the level of disfigurment. I demand a refund immediatly.

< /sarcasm >

The picture looks grainy, I had to turn off the flash and then edit the levels on the image to get it looking true to life, the flash completely covered up the blemishes.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-17-2002, 09:50 PM
thats not that bad, how much u pay for it?

Potatoboy
05-17-2002, 09:52 PM
Here's another pic of yet *another* blemish!

< sarcasm >

I still cannot believe this. I'm outraged! I want my 50 bucks back! :rolleyes:

< /sarcasm >

Post pics of your blemishes! If you can find them that is. ;)

Clare
05-17-2002, 09:53 PM
pota, just call up AGD and they should give you a refund, looks pretty bad

< sarcasm >

Potatoboy
05-17-2002, 10:03 PM
There are even more on the back half that I didn't notice! I'm driving over to AGD right now and throwing this through their window!

I was holding it up to my face and rotating it so the light hit it correctly and I saw three tiny grey lines!!!

They're so sneaky, when I tried to take a picture, they disappeared. I'll try to catch them though.

I <3 MAGS
05-17-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Aliens-8-MyDad
thats not that bad, how much u pay for it?
$50 beans!

Mine should be here Monday. I am already disappointed.

< sarcasm >

Potatoboy
05-17-2002, 10:15 PM
I caught two of them!

The third is unphotographical!

Like Bigfoot!
Or Nessie even!

After looking at the picture, I wiped the area with a moist cloth. The only thing that wasn't dust was the inverted exlamation point on the left.

I couldn't get another pic though, took me a few minutes to get that one to come out looking right.

There's also a little spot like the one in the first pic in the back where the body meets the rail, just in front of the field strip screw. I'm getting tired of putting down the magnifying glass and fine toothed comb to pick up the camera though. Use your imagination ;)

Clare
05-17-2002, 10:17 PM
inverted exlamation point on the left

those are the worst kind, all I can say is "Beware"

Major Ho
05-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Just this teeny tiny lil spot...
My little brother said, after me asking him if he could find the blem., "Wow, they must really want perfection for their customers"

Restola
05-17-2002, 11:25 PM
looks like someone got ripped...

Bartleby
05-18-2002, 01:21 AM
my body didn't have a single thing on it. not one. just a bunch a fingerprints...i demand a refund! :D

Potatoboy
05-18-2002, 01:54 AM
You can barely notice most of the "blemishes" AGD must go over them carefully. If you have the time, get a good lite and rotate it around, you'll probably notice them better that way.

Or maybe one of the good ones fell into the box on its way to the laser engravers and you for real lucky. All the marks simply make it look like it's been played with for a few games. Heck, I made a worse mark in mine today while I was adjusting the powerfeed plug.

Jack_Dubious
05-19-2002, 12:20 AM
HA! I just got my polished "BLEM" body. Uhm...i guess thats a blemish....i guess where i come from blemish means something different. :P
Any other manufacturer wouldve thrown it in a box and shipped it out the door.

JDub

Schnitzel
05-19-2002, 12:22 AM
...another testament of AGD's greatness.:D

jah871
05-19-2002, 09:00 AM
ya, i got my polished minimag blem and it was in perfect shape. i have no idea why it was a blem. thanks AGD

gibby
05-19-2002, 10:10 AM
Yah Jah, same here! I was expecting to see a lot of faint spots around the body but I had to look really, REALLY hard to find the one small, tinsey winsey blemish which to me wouldn't have mattered much even if I did buy the body new.

I am definitely happy with the purchase even if I didn't need the body. But as you can see from my sig, it's now my favorite body...for now. Just waiting till I get my black micromag body from a friend of mine. ;)

TransMan
05-19-2002, 10:16 AM
all the bodies in a blemished set are prob not blemished a couple may come out totaly screwed up so they scrap the whole batch maybe not true just adding my .02

Vegeta
05-19-2002, 02:18 PM
hey guy inspecting them prolly had cateracts and -thought- he saw a bunch of spots on hte bodies so he threw htem all in the box to be marked BLEM.. they were marked with teh engraving and counldnt be used.. im sure that guy was fired.. like the blode who worked at the M&M factory that threw out all the "W"s

hehe. I should have got one of those- the teflons are really nice looking!