PDA

View Full Version : Idle hands are mischievous hands: or - how to intelliframe an old carbon grip

openboater
05-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Well, I woke up this morning , May 18th, to an inch of snow on the car and 32 degrees outside. Since I have a couple of hours to kill I decided to do the project I've been dreaming up thru the week. Now this is all AGD's fault 'cause real Intelliframes are back-ordered and I love my rtpro / intelli / warp combo so much I've decided to inteli / warp my backup, and the retro is in the mail to be delivered here Monday.

First I HOGGED out a big space in the carbon fiber grip to make room for the lever switch I bought at RadioShack for $2.99. Then I got a piece of aluminum flashing left over from building the house and cut it out with my wife's best scissors to fit under the right side grip panel. I found I would have to build a spacer to go between the flashing and switch, so I found a piece of Aluminum in the garage that was 1/8th inch thick and made my little spacer. I then drilled some holes in the frame to run the wires out the bottom and then it was time to solder.
I went to our "dead electronics drawer" to find a suitable set of wires. When I did my rtpro, I also found the wires with correct plug attatch, but this time I could only find the wires, You know, a nice set of 2-pair.
After a little soldering and drilling and bending the lever on the switch, everything works like a dream.

Now this was just a proof-of-concept, hence the "sledge hammer " technique, but this works great.

The pictures are rough, but give you the idea. It would be much easier if you use a set of wood grip panels, cause the inside surface is already flat and you could easily glue a thin piece to it to make the spacer.

I sure hope it's nice tomorrow morning, or else I might have to put a V8 in the garden tractor.

openboater
05-18-2002, 11:13 AM
more pics

openboater
05-18-2002, 11:15 AM
another pic

openboater
05-18-2002, 11:16 AM
last picture

Cha0tic
05-18-2002, 01:10 PM
see, when i did my intellifeed on my stock frame, i cut out a step in the carbon fiber. i used liquid nails in secure it to the step of carbon fiber. it fits perfectly, and i can't wiggle it loose at all. nice job on the intellifeed.

rjvemt1
05-19-2002, 04:43 PM
and i thought that i would just retire that frame when i bought my hyperfraem! thanks for the tip, i am gonna build dansom's gun stand then i'll get started on this. you rock:D

Hannibal
05-19-2002, 05:26 PM
????
hey thats set up for your warp right? whats the differance for hooking it up for a revy?

openboater
05-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Hannibal, always loved watchin' you on the A TEAM.....

For a revy, I'm pretty sure it's just longer wires, going out the top of the grip to the revy, and some mod's to the revy.

Goof luck and say hi to MR T

Hannibal
05-20-2002, 03:18 PM
LOL ill say hi,

ya i figured that but does anyone know where do hook up the wires to?

thanks

openboater
05-20-2002, 06:17 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8725

go here for which wires in revy to splice to. or go to the
AGD website , then manuals and you'll find a nice picture story there.