PDA

View Full Version : Rebel ????

epterry
05-18-2002, 08:20 PM
Ok I have a friend who wants to buy marker for less than 150 and is trying to pick between a 98 custom or a rebel L.E. What do you think would be the best? (I no nothing about rebels) Please tell me all the good and bad things about rebels.:cool:

05-18-2002, 09:03 PM
i'd go with the tippmann, my friend who bought a rebel had to but a new x-chamber, lines, and other stuff cause they broke the first day of playing with it... i've had my tippmann for awhile and its my backup for my mag, really nice gun and can take a lot of abuse and keep on working fine.

my friend now uses a TL+ cause the rebel doesnt work right... i'm not a fan of any 32 degrees things at all, everything i've seen them make has fallen apart (especially their 2 piece barrels) :rolleyes: pretty funny to watch your friend running around trying to put his barrel back together in the middle of a game. i just try to stay away from 32 degrees for thoes reasons, other people might think differently about them.

AcemanPB
05-18-2002, 09:06 PM
for under 150 i think the tippmann is your best choice they are built like a tank

05-18-2002, 09:43 PM
built like a tank? they are a tank... or at least sound like one with the stock barrel :D would get anew barrel if you got a tippmann but the stock barrel isnt that bad... cept its loud, its better than my mag barrel

jah871
05-18-2002, 09:43 PM
DO NOT GET A REBEL, 2 of my friends had them a while back and they broke and were horrible. the worst thing about them was the stupid vert feed that was on the side of the gun. it always chopped and never fed properly. i would definately go with a tippmann.

Jonno06
05-19-2002, 09:13 AM
yes,rebels suck,i know a guy at my field who never plays,he is always getting his rebel fixed.As soon as he baught it,he had to have the sear and bolt sanded down so it would catch.....the lines and such also broke.definitly get a tippmann,or try and find a basic mag for 150...

Tyril
05-19-2002, 09:48 AM
Get the tippy. I've had one for a while now, and its a fabulous gun. For an extra $80, your friend can make it a paint-throwing machine with the RT upgrade. Great fun to see the looks on other's faces when my $130 gun starts going off at 10 bps ;)

-Mike

MrShutter
05-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Don't have him get a Rebel. Rebel's are cheaply made Spyder rip-offs. Have him get a Spyder Xtra instead.

TylerDurden
05-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Rebel=Bad. Tippmann=Good. Classic story-a guy at my field had one and it kept braking all day. Tippmanns are pretty good guns. Durable and resonably accurate.

epterry
05-19-2002, 12:26 PM
I know all about tippmanns. I know that there good and have experience with them. I just didn’t know about these rebel things. But I now know they stink. I will tell him you guys said rebels are not worth the money. Thanks:D

Cha0tic
05-19-2002, 03:00 PM
why not get a spyder compact for 99 dollars, and buy a 50 dollar barrel. you can run a 9oz bottle of the vertical adapter, which is a very comfortable setup. spyders have very easy to do trigger jobs that can make a short and nice pull. this is the best IMO.

Ultimator
05-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Personally ... I'd save up a tad more and get the new Tippman A-5. Local shop just got one in ... gotta say that trigger pull is incredibly short and with that cyclone feed system you're ready to roll.

Just my $.02

AcemanPB
05-19-2002, 08:50 PM
well can't you make a M98 just as good by putting a 12 volt with x board on it??? thats what i've always thought

puckmaster
05-19-2002, 09:09 PM
I'd really go with the tippman. I had a rebel and it sucked. The trigger pull is a mile and a half, it is shiney as hell, and lookes like it was pulled out of an cows @ss.
The tippmann with 12 volt revvys are just as good as the
a-5. Mine has a electro conversion and played a day with it (forgot my mag at home) And mabey shot a case through and chopped 1. It aint my mag tho.

mac2k4
05-19-2002, 09:15 PM
get a black dragun, for about 90 bucks ya can get the compact. or for a lil' more a color black dragun.