PDA

View Full Version : CQB Paintball Pic

scooterbruder
05-18-2002, 09:01 PM
Just wanted to post a pic of the moment in time just before we enter the building and light 'em up! After all of the modifications to my gun, it is finally shooting reliably (which makes me very happy). I started off with a minimag (because I like the look better than the e-mag), and added the retro valve and a hyperframe. Other parts include a superbolt and the 32 degrees carbon fiber barrel. The gun shoots so friggin' fast, people think it's full auto when I'm in semi-auto mode. The last addition was the HALO to help prevent ball chops. The other guy is using a Tippmann A-5 and is waiting for the electro kit to be produced. The field we play at is an abandoned cement factory that's affectionately called "The Ruins". It is an excellent scenerio field perfect for CQB (close quaters battle) as well as woods games. I have other pics of the location if anyone is interested (just for the hell of it).

AcemanPB
05-18-2002, 09:04 PM
has the hyperframe caused any problems on your mini because i was looking at getting one..

btw nice pic

scooterbruder
05-18-2002, 09:20 PM
Initially it was such a pain in the *EDIT* do not circumvent the cuss filters. Thank you. Army until we finally got them set up correctly. Me and another friend bought them at the same time and had difficulty getting them to fuction with a standard valve. The on-off assembly that comes with the frame from Centerflag generally has a defective on-off pin (the metal is too soft and tends to mushroom after 1-2 cases of paint). The end result is that it will not fire. To make a long stressful story short (different pins, bolts, on-off assemblies, and trips to Centerflag), the solution was to use the hyperframe in conjunction with the retro-valve. Even the owner of Centerflag (Dennis) told me that they work better with the retro-valve (basically admitting that his on-off assembly sucks). I have had this setup running for the last 7 games I've played with no issues (knock on wood) and I love it. If you decide to get one, once it's setup it's awesome! Hope this helps!

Croix71
05-18-2002, 09:39 PM
The guy standing up looks like he's using a silencer? :D

scooterbruder
05-18-2002, 09:47 PM
He modified it with a piece of PVC pipe and some foam. He also installed a 30 round mag from an airsoft gun. He is hoping Tippmann will come out with the folding stock so he can replicate the HK-MP5-PDW.

Jonno06
05-19-2002, 09:09 AM
lol.....nice mag,and what is up with remote?!!!?

its 2002.....

nice a-5 also,i like the silencer,magazine clip idea...lol

Croix71
05-19-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by scooterbruder
He modified it with a piece of PVC pipe and some foam. He also installed a 30 round mag from an airsoft gun.

Ahhhh o.k. :D

AcemanPB
05-19-2002, 08:52 PM
thats a cool A-5 looks almost like the real thing, heh just don't be walking down the street with it