PDA

View Full Version : Tom, If you were there you would smile!

Butterfingers
05-19-2002, 05:11 PM
E-magnum demo day 2 at the big game PBLI:

After 20 BPS 3 cases of paint 4 chops, NO barrel breaks.

Quotes:

"Screw getting cocker Im getting myself one of those"

"OH MY GOD you gotta be kidding me... thats absolutely insane... what kind of gun is that"

"To tell you the truth I hate my impulse, How much is that whole (e-mag) package you got in your hand"

"I got an angel Im looking for somthing faster how much can you get me one of those for"

"Thats absolutely insane, you don't chop?"
me: "have you seen any chops?"
"No"

"Oh my god, hold on I gotta get my team to see this, they won't beleive it"

"How the heck does that thing work?"

"WOW I'm impressed" (About 20 people said this)

"That would be a perfect speedball gun"

"Your gun is WAY too clean for you to be chopping, that's incredible"

"That gun is GODLIKE"

"What the heck" (About 20 people said this)

"This definately ain't your daddy's mag"

"Wow that paint is DRIPPING off that target"

"Oh my god thats like a continuous stream of paint"

"Im speechless, why havent I ever heard about the e-mag"

"I think that guy at cousins lied to me when he said the angel was the fastest gun"

Modified Paintball Products to AGD spreadin a little love!

Steve Crush
05-19-2002, 05:29 PM
hahah i was at the field testing a freak barrel to see if it's actually worth it and i get this from some people...

"OMG is that an Emag!?!"
"uhh yea"
"can i like touch it? i mean I just wanna touch it"
"umm you can fire it if you wanna"

steve

AGD
05-19-2002, 06:20 PM
And the chest starts bulging out!! Thanks Butter!!

From all of us at,

AGD

Threewheeler
05-19-2002, 10:02 PM
Tom,

Don't take this the wrong way... but is it really the chest that's bulging... or will you need a new hat soon?

And rightly so. You really do come up with the best products.

Three

Croix71
05-19-2002, 11:24 PM
Dang Butter, you and Don are gonna need to start taking the E-Magnum on a tour! :D

Kaiser Bob
05-19-2002, 11:40 PM
when the level 10 mods come out, I was planning on picking up an emagnum board and Halo B and spreading the emag goodness myself to all the local fields! :D

Butterfingers
05-20-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
when the level 10 mods come out, I was planning on picking up an emagnum board and Halo B and spreading the emag goodness myself to all the local fields! :D

The best part is that the demos were done without LVL 10 and with the original halo!

I too am anxiously awaiting LVL 10 and the belt drive upgrade.

Lets see if we can reliably feed 26 BPS with that combo. Thats our goal.

And you know where you can get all this cool stuff right :)

Kaiser Bob
05-20-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Butterfingers

The best part is that the demos were done without LVL 10 and with the original halo!

I too am anxiously awaiting LVL 10 and the belt drive upgrade.

Lets see if we can reliably feed 26 BPS with that combo. Thats our goal.

And you know where you can get all this cool stuff right :)

Yes I was planning on pushing the envelope with the super HALO and 12v Warp combo and jack up the tank pressure and see how fast she can go with no breaks :). You said before you needed a shorter on/off pin to get the emagnum up to speed, so i may need to get one of those. Then the fun begins! ;)

paintslinger
05-20-2002, 02:39 AM
what is an emagnum?

BTAutoMag
05-20-2002, 10:53 AM
i would have LOVED to have been there

Jacob
05-20-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by paintslinger
what is an emagnum?
1) It's an aftermarket board for the E-Mag made by Donggie and Butterfingers of Modified Paintball Products. It allows much more freedom (more BPS, adjustable dwell, full auto, all programmed by the trigger) The only drawbacks are that the LED won't work, and you will probably have a lot of refs wanting to pull you from tourneys because the Semi mode shoots so fast you would swear it's FA.

2) (The short answer) Something every E-Mag should have.

paintslinger
05-20-2002, 09:57 PM
nice...are they working on getting the led working or are they just screwing it? also will it be compatible with the ace on the new xtremes?

BTAutoMag
05-20-2002, 10:06 PM
How much can you get one for?

Butterfingers
05-20-2002, 11:14 PM
nice...are they working on getting the led working or are they just screwing it? also will it be compatible with the ace on the new xtremes?

Trying to get the LED to work will require an extra chip and a complete redesign of the board. There are no current plans for a version with a display.

To the best of our knowledge it will work with the ACE. However we have heard rumors that AGD is changing the ace so the safe bet would be to say the jury is still out.

The board right now goes for $225 installed.

paintslinger
05-21-2002, 12:05 AM
is there any plans for a self install kit?

Butterfingers
05-21-2002, 12:09 AM
is there any plans for a self install kit?

Yeah we can do that less $25 but if you fry your board you are on your own.

paintslinger
05-21-2002, 12:12 AM
ouchies...how hard is it to install?

Butterfingers
05-21-2002, 01:03 AM
ouchies...how hard is it to install?

Its pretty involved, wires need to be soldered and the warp interlink needs to be soldered to the board.

We also need to fine tune your gun so that it will do 20 BPS at 800 psi.

Its well worth the $25 fee.

paintslinger
05-21-2002, 01:38 AM
yes i see that now.

BTAutoMag
05-21-2002, 07:49 AM
if i ever get an emag i will buy one. they sound so sweet.

manike
05-21-2002, 08:23 AM
Aaarrrgghhh you were there and we never hooked up?

Damn! I actually think I heard you on the range towards the end of the day. I heard the bursts of fire and knew it was an E-mag with Warp, didn't click who it might be though :(

Shame as I was running a Halo B and you could have tried it out. It certainly went well on my Race Spearhead cocker.

I guess you never saw the Lanky Brit in a Can Con Jersey with Manike on the back huh? oh well. Next year :) I will be back!

manike

Butterfingers
05-21-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by manike
Aaarrrgghhh you were there and we never hooked up?

Damn! I actually think I heard you on the range towards the end of the day. I heard the bursts of fire and knew it was an E-mag with Warp, didn't click who it might be though :(

Shame as I was running a Halo B and you could have tried it out. It certainly went well on my Race Spearhead cocker.

I guess you never saw the Lanky Brit in a Can Con Jersey with Manike on the back huh? oh well. Next year :) I will be back!

manike

We were actually looking for you! You mentioned before that you were going to be at the big game. I would have loved to meet you. If I knew you were in the Canadian Contingent I would have raided your camp looking for you ;) .

My Smart Parts Halo barely kept up for the whole hopper unfortunately, that broke the day before, I think somthing was wrong with the eye. Figures, it's smart parts :)

We put a new halo on there for day 2 and the most we could feed without chopping was half the hopper. It seemed to be slower than the first halo I put on there.

I would have loved to see what the halo B mated to the 12v warp could do. It could have been the breaking of the 22bps barrier!

We will post videos soon. Unfortunately my cousin couldent get me adobe primere and we have to use this second rate software that came with the camera.

maverickTG001
05-21-2002, 05:11 PM
butterfingers. the magnum thing. you can't buy it at a regular pro shop can you. i havn't seen it on any online stores. would you personally have to install it? what would i have to do to get it installed on mine?

paintball8869
05-21-2002, 05:52 PM
Butterfingers......any chance of making a board for the intimidator? Bob's got a wicked fast SOB board, but i like the modes for scenario play. Thanks.

Butterfingers
05-21-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Shop? We should be so lucky. There are only about 7 of these boards in existance right now. But we can make more :)

Its best if you let us install it. You can do it yourself but it requires soldering and if you fry your board you are on your own.

As far as the intimidator goes I don't know when thats gonna be done. We still have 2 phases of the e-magnum to finish.

Of course our schedule is flexible based on demand.

It all depends on how they market. 20 BPS is a huge selling point.

We havent tested any intimidators yet, if it can feed reliably at 20 BPS then it may be the next gun on our chopping block.

If sombody can provide me with details such as how long it takes for a complete cycle meaning bolt forward then back, then we can make a rough estimate of if it is capable of feeding 20 bps.

maverickTG001
05-22-2002, 04:00 PM
so if i did want a magnum i would send my emag to you or you arn't selling yet or what cuz i'm really interested in getting one. plz tell me how i should go about getting one

Butterfingers
05-22-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by maverickTG001
so if i did want a magnum i would send my emag to you or you arn't selling yet or what cuz i'm really interested in getting one. plz tell me how i should go about getting one

E-mail support@modifiedpaintball.com or Call don after 8:00 at 516-520-6668

for details visit www.modifiedpaintball.com click on the e-magnum tab

AGD
05-22-2002, 05:00 PM
38ms total stroke time for a Timmy. AGD

Butterfingers
05-22-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by AGD
38ms total stroke time for a Timmy. AGD

Wow thats cutting it close. I doubt we can feed it reliably. That only leaves 12ms for a ball to be forced into the breach.

We were having issues with the E-mag with standard SS bolt. I am pretty sure we can't feed a timmy that fast.

Bonx0007
05-22-2002, 07:59 PM
What is the stroke time for the E-mag?

paintball8869
05-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Tom is that for the stock intimidator? Because with the SOB board you're able to adjust the dwell on the gun both forward and back. I believe you can get it down to 15 ms, but i'm not certain on that. Just wondering. Thanks

Butterfingers
05-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Bonx0007
What is the stroke time for the E-mag?

20-25ms I beleive depending on velocity and the newness of the bolt spring and what bolt you are using.

Butterfingers
05-22-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by paintball8869
Tom is that for the stock intimidator? Because with the SOB board you're able to adjust the dwell on the gun both forward and back. I believe you can get it down to 15 ms, but i'm not certain on that. Just wondering. Thanks

I can tell you right now it can't do that there are physycal limits. We need it down to at least 30ms.

FooTemps
05-22-2002, 08:24 PM
what does phase II look like? any preview pics?

Bonx0007
05-22-2002, 08:29 PM
Pics of the phase two rail and other parts would be nice. I really want to get one but I want to see it. Butterfingers can you please shed some light.

Butterfingers
05-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Pics of the phase two rail and other parts would be nice. I really want to get one but I want to see it. Butterfingers can you please shed some light.

We would love to show you pics but our machinist is jerking us around. We dont even have the body rails yet.

z-grip
05-22-2002, 08:58 PM
i am planing on buying an e-mag, and your magnum is the only logical thing to do, will your work void any type of warrenty or anything?

Bonx0007
05-22-2002, 09:18 PM

We would love to show you pics but our machinist is jerking us around. We dont even have the body rails yet.

I know how that goes. When is a realistic date to expect these in? Also, what is your machinest phone number so I can call him and forcefully persuade him into hurrying the heck up.;)

Butterfingers
05-22-2002, 10:18 PM

I know how that goes. When is a realistic date to expect these in? Also, what is your machinest phone number so I can call him and forcefully persuade him into hurrying the heck up.;)

I quote "yeah Don they were shipped yesterday you should be getting them soon" That was 3 weeks ago. Unless he sent it 63rd class mail I think he's jerking us around.

We call back "yeah he's not here right now"

So there you go our machinist disappearing with 3 custom body rails. Shady stuff.

Trust me Don has done everything short of lighting him up repeatedly with e-magnum phase one, a fate worse than death :)

However we just got official unannoed body rails from AGD for the colored e-mags. Let me tell you these things are light. Everything has been skeletonized. If we don't hear from our machinist we may just slap these on the e-magnums.

Bonx0007
05-23-2002, 12:33 PM
So will it be possible to buy just phase two? I really want a lighter setup.But I dont feel I need to upgrade my board just yet.

Butterfingers
05-23-2002, 06:11 PM
So will it be possible to buy just phase two? I really want a lighter setup.But I dont feel I need to upgrade my board just yet.

Sure that will be an option.

Bonx0007
05-23-2002, 09:54 PM

Sure that will be an option.
Good Man.
You will be hearing from me. Butterfingers I admire you and Donngie for having the guts to make the Emag upgradable, (a near impossible task). It is a demonstration of true genius. Way to go.