PDA

View Full Version : Little Brother needs help....

SlipknotX556
05-19-2002, 06:37 PM
My little brother who is 10 is getting a new gun. He wants the Sypder Flash because of the annodizing. I told him of the mag on Paintballgear, for 279. He said NO I want a double trigger on my gun. I offred him to use my Intelliframe since I am getting an Emag. He still refuses to believe that the mag is better then the flash. Please Tell him why the mag is better then the flash. I dont want him complaning about his gun while we are on the field.

Thanks Guys.

Jonno06
05-19-2002, 06:53 PM
you spelled seans name wrong(in ur sig)

tell him to join AO....

the spyder flash isnt a bad gun...a nice electro,but for about the same price,you can get the new BKO's...same as the bushy,but it has a better reg,and is capped at 10bps...

how much money will he have??

i say,let him get the flash,and when it messes up,he will know better

TransMan
05-19-2002, 07:03 PM
well mags are more reliable shoot better in my opinion ive owned both and the costumer service from AGD is by far superior to Kingmans trust me on that one ive delt with both
and dont just let him find out that the flash sux when he is on the field cause thats a bother to u too just my .02 im sure ost of u disagree with me :D

HoppysMag
05-19-2002, 07:10 PM
lucky SOB starts out with a f-ing electro gun :D.... all i had was a maverick pump, a 9 oz tank and a view loader.... i had to borrow other peoples masks....

have him try your mag, and try a spyder... in an actual game..

and if he doesnt like the mag let him buy the spyder, and tell him.... if you dont like it, dont come crying to me...

AssassN
05-19-2002, 07:31 PM
Ya i go with hoppys

LawFox32
05-19-2002, 07:48 PM
As long as Jonno is criticizing your spelling, ummm you spelled Florida wrong on your lil profile thing

P.S. yes i am fairly certain that I do not know how to spell forms of the word critisize

SlipknotX556
05-19-2002, 07:59 PM
no he already has a sypder right now. Hes getting a new gun. I will try to get him to join AO.

liigod
05-19-2002, 08:02 PM
i personally think that a spyder flash is a better gun then a stock mag. you cant short stroke it, u can fire it faster, its just as easy to take care of, its lighter, so whats the problem?

Ultimator
05-19-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
My little brother who is 10 is getting a new gun. He wants the Sypder Flash because of the annodizing.
*sigh* When will people learn ... you can put an electric frame on a blowback gun and it's STILL a blowback gun!!

He is going to think it is an angel, run out on the field and start fanning the trigger, then every single ball will chop. Let him learn the hard way. I say, if you're going to be a newbie, be a smart one. Spyder Compact + Sprint Frame = Flash.

My $.02

liigod
05-19-2002, 08:35 PM
a flash is a blowback with an electro frame, an emag is a blow back with an electro frame, both have chopping problems, ones made better and cost 5x as much, whats yer point?

liigod
05-19-2002, 08:39 PM
oh, and if u have a good hopper, like an x board, u can fan the trigger and it wont chop that much. ive seen black draguns chop less than an emag or an angel, while fireing faster. its not just that a gun thats cheaper means it isnt as good.

AcemanPB
05-19-2002, 09:12 PM
uh emag is a blow foward buddy... and there is a difference between a blow back with and e-frame and an electropneumatic (ugh sp?) gun, i myself have never owned any type of "e" spyder but i see people having lots of problems due to the parts wearing out, ya don't think AGD charges more for the emag just so they can stuff thier pockets do ya?

Fred
05-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Um... what fields let 10 year olds play? you have to be at least 12-14 around here i think.

let him get the spyder, when it breaks, just tell him I TOLD YOU SO!

SlipknotX556
05-19-2002, 10:06 PM
Fields in Flordia have a rule. Has to be 10 and over to play. Parents must sign a waiver to be eligable to play.

Creative Mayhem
05-20-2002, 02:48 PM
a flash is a blowback with an electro frame, an emag is a blow back with an electro frame, both have chopping problems, ones made better and cost 5x as much, whats yer point?

Actually lilgod, Emags are blow forward deisgns like all mage have been. While mags heve their own problems they are STILL FAR, FAR superior.

slipknot let you bro get what he wants... he'll learn the hard way. Get him on here so we here on AO can strighten him out. :D

Mags rule, spyders drool(paint that is)

slayer
05-20-2002, 03:00 PM
Tell him to just get a bushmaster. I don't think highly of spyder quality.

FutureMagOwner
05-20-2002, 03:03 PM
pfff electros have not that huge of an impact in my opinion i was shooting at least 12 on my junky almost completly stock cocker and managed to chop when i got really high(like 12bps)

personman
05-20-2002, 03:22 PM
12 year olds are too young to get high..
Im 13, and I have a mag. First of all, even when I was a newb I looked at guns being elecric and under 500 bucks as guns that are opt to have problems.. I have a mag, and I love it more than anything. If he wants to go with a spyder, then its fine. If my little brother was your little brother he would be copying everything you did and following you around, and playing the accordian. :rolleyes:
At least your brother can make his own decisions. Let him experement around a bit with guns. There are too many to choose the right one on the first try.

SlipknotX556
05-20-2002, 03:26 PM
No he does copy me on everything. First it was BMX, then it was Sk8ing and now its PAINTBALL! He also wants to have all the same gear as me. He has decided to get a flash, so when he comes to me with complaints about it, im gonna say "I told you so..."

personman
05-20-2002, 03:36 PM
THEN BE GLAD HE ISNT COPYING YOU ON THE GUN CHOICE! :)

Ultimator
05-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by liigod
an emag is a blow back with an electro frame
Haha, you really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? I find it funny that you compare Flashes to E-mags. Am I the only one?

SlipknotX556
05-20-2002, 04:04 PM
Yes I do. I wanted to post something but I think Id get in trouble for it.

Jonno06
05-20-2002, 04:11 PM
ill post it for you....

you,my friend,are a MORON!

shartley
05-20-2002, 04:13 PM
Fred
My son Jay was playing paintball on organized fields when he was 8. There is a picture of him at that age floating around in Friendly Corner someplace…. :D

AcemanPB
05-20-2002, 06:27 PM
we had a 7 year old play one game that i reffed at my field and the little kid's jacket was soo thick all the paintballs were bouncing off of it