PDA

View Full Version : Warp sensitivity problem.question...

hitech
05-19-2002, 08:51 PM
I am running my warp at 12 volts and I have the sensitivity turned all the way down. It still spins every time I fire. I have had it spin continuously at that setting, but that seems to have stopped (motor finally broke in?). I was wondering if anyone else has this "problem"?

FrAuStY
05-20-2002, 09:59 AM
yeah it sounds like you didn't break it in correctly. I would suggest running a full battery with sensitivity almost all the way up. Let it discharge that battery then you should be good to go.

hitech
05-21-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by FrAuStY
yeah it sounds like you didn't break it in correctly.

I think that's okay now. I was wondering about having the sensitivity down all the way.

FrAuStY
05-21-2002, 03:25 PM
Umm..did you set-up the dwell jumpers on the left side of the warp board? Originally the look like:
[oo][oo]
[oo][oo]
This is non-functional and will allow the warp to spin for long periods of time. I had to set mine up like this

|o| o o o
|o| o o o

Sorry bout the bad examples.. but I don't have a graphics proggy at work.. not even PAINT! (Paintbrush for the old 3.1'ers!) Anyway.. each one you put on..shortens the time the wheel spins. They all shorten the same amount of time.. but they have to be installed vertically to do it. Check that.. if those are on... I don't know what to tell you.

hitech
05-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Actually I do have some jumpers set on. It is currently spinning about 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. The "concern" I have is that the sensitivity is ALL the way down. It "shouldn't" run at all that way. It seems that I do not have enough adjustment when powering it at 12 volts. Any one else running theirs at 12 volts?

Linx
05-22-2002, 04:44 PM
I had the same problem. I bought mine used and the springs were missing so the vibration sensor didn't work. Well I wired it up for 12 volts and replaced the springs but then it kept spinning. So I just removed the springs and intelli-linked it to my frame. So yours stopped spinning constantly?

hitech
05-22-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Linx
I had the same problem....So yours stopped spinning constantly?

Yup. It only did it a few times. I'm thinking that the motor wasn't "worn in" enough.