PDA

View Full Version : Is it a real one?

Grendelwolf
05-20-2002, 01:14 AM
Hi there!

I want to buy a used promag level 7a. Now I asked the Guy who wants to sell it if he can find a serial number on the mag. He replied that the mag has been polished and that he can find no such number. Even the "promag level 7a" writing seems to be barely visible. Is there anyway you can tell if this is a real automag or a copy?

Greetings, Grendelwolf.

AGD
05-20-2002, 01:17 AM
no serial number means no service from us. Ususally missing serial numbers mean they are stollen. Often though people do polish off the numbers not knowing. If it is a promag its about 10 years old.

AGD

Grendelwolf
05-20-2002, 03:34 AM
I think the former owner polished the mag himself deleting the serial. But I would still be able to buy a retro kit from you to upgrade the mag to RT sending in the old valve, wouldn't I? What exactly do you mean when you say "no service"?

Greetings, Grendel

nilloc 93
05-20-2002, 08:58 AM
Uh... I think he means NO SERVICE, as in your on your own for parts and repairs.
AGD, like every other manufacturer need to be able to verify that this marker was sold legitimately. Otherwise everyone could send in their Mag to be refurbished or replaced for any reason and it would cost Tom and the company untold millions. They need to know this is a legitimate repair for a legitimate customer, and if this guy can't supply a marker with a visible serial number, go elsewhere.

'Nuff Said

BTAutoMag
05-20-2002, 10:52 AM
what exactly is a promag?

Grendelwolf
05-20-2002, 10:58 AM
Hmmm, another question: isn't it so that each valve also has its own serial number? This should still be there if the owner just polished the mag for the good lookings. Or am I mistaken?

HoppysMag
05-20-2002, 01:14 PM
the sereal number will be on the vaulve not the body.... the vaulve is the part that has the words "MiniMag" or "68Automag" or what ever... the SN will be right near where the air hose goes into the gun.

speedballbanks
05-20-2002, 02:35 PM
he means he polished the valve a guy that lives near me got his nickel plated so what are you going to do....nothing oh well i look at it as hey it is a mag.

Grendelwolf
05-21-2002, 03:54 AM
I managed to got a little more information about the mag. The owner sais that it has been polished by a company that tunes mags and that the serial number seems to be written on the handle or grip (or whatever it is called in english). Now as I never held an Automag in my hands I do not quite understand the location of the serial. You say it is not on the body that means it should not be removed by polishing anyway, shouldn't it? But on the other hand it still can be seen from the outside without opening the Mag? Hmm, I can't immagine this. But it seems the gun is not stolen property: the owner said that a comopany did it AND he was willing to send me a copy of his ID card for further questions. In addition to the information that the design Company engraved a number on the grip this makes me feel quite komfortable. I think I will buy this one. Is there a possibility to crosscheck these number on the grip with you to see if it is one of your companies (= a "real")Mags?

Greetings, Grendelwolf.