PDA

View Full Version : saftey anyone?

magc68
05-20-2002, 01:29 PM
is it just me or does this guy have no barrel condom... and if i see this right i see a cloud comming from the barrel signifying he is shootin it. no goggles in open public... wow.
http://home.no.net/emagine/images/v7s/DSC01098.JPG

http://home.no.net/emagine/images/v7s/DSC01092.JPG

http://home.no.net/emagine/images/v7s/DSC01091.JPG

speedballbanks
05-20-2002, 02:11 PM
i am not trying to sound rude but give it up man the safety thing some people are taking to far. This is not published in a mag so why worry about it and i am sure he is not shooting in the direction of someones eyes if anyone else agrees with me i think some people are just to cautious when it comes to this issue.

Thordic
05-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Its kinda a double-edged sword.

On one side, experienced players know that if they aren't wearing goggles, they need to be shooting the marker away from people, etc etc. If you are an experienced player, you "know what you are doing".

On the other hand, as any owner of a firearm can tell you, when you stop respecting a gun, thats when it bites ya. When you are new, you will make mistakes because you are new. When you are experienced, you will grow lazy because you are experienced. Accidents happen under both circumstances.

I got into an arguement with a ref last time I played about this. I was walking off the field, and I turned my warp off, turned my tank off and took it off the marker, fired the gun down into the dirt a few times, AND turned the barrel in the gun, and was walking into the parking lot, gun in one hand, tank in the other. I had lost my barrel condom on the field somewhere. A ref had seen me go through the procedure with the gun, and still started yelling at me to put my barrel plug in. Then there was a rather loud and vulgar arguement about how I didn't have a barrel plug and where I waved my disconnected tank at him and some rather harsh words flew both ways.

In the end, though, he was right. He had cause to tell me to put my plug in, and I shouldn't really have argued with him. Granted it was frustrating because I didn't have anything to PUT in the barrel, although I think I told him where I could stick the barrel.

Its like wearing a seatbelt. You know you should always wear it, but you don't, because "you don't get into accidents".

For those people who DO keep their masks on every single time they handle an aired up marker, awesome. You are doing great for the sport. For everyone who isn't so strict with themselves, well, I can't say anything without being hypocritical.

personman
05-20-2002, 02:30 PM
Ever think they might be at the chrono? Yea, I know even then they should have masks on, but maby its just a field o dumbasses.

HoppysMag
05-20-2002, 02:34 PM
Thordic- you dont need to be experianced... you need common sense... iv played with people who hunt and they are very strict and iv played with people who are like william tell... shoot the apple off thier head..

FeelTheRT
05-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by magc68
is it just me or does this guy have no barrel condom... and if i see this right i see a cloud comming from the barrel signifying he is shootin it. no goggles in open public... wow.
http://home.no.net/emagine/images/v7s/DSC01098.JPG

http://home.no.net/emagine/images/v7s/DSC01092.JPG

http://home.no.net/emagine/images/v7s/DSC01091.JPG

hrmm last time i checked, you can't shoot ur gun with a barrel condum on.

Big deal, they look like tournament players that know what they are doing. I'm sure they are shooting at a target of some sort.

Jack_Dubious
05-20-2002, 02:45 PM
My take on it is this...

I know how to handle my marker safely, but how do i know the *other* guy knows how to handle his marker safely? :P

JDub

Spaceman613
05-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Another viewpoint... we know the paint wont fly backwards, but what if a hose disconnected? A piece of micro line whipping around could do some nice damage to the face.

Paint isnt the ONLY reason to wear eye protection. I admit that i dont wear goggles when testing/tuning, but when others are around, I tend to be more careful of what they see.
I at least like to wear safety glasses to show some professionalism when working on live markers...

Sunrise
05-20-2002, 02:56 PM
Hey all.

Yopu want the story on those pictures??? Well here it is. It was at the end of the day and we had finished playing the tournament. We hadd som balls left so we dicided to invite all the other players over so they culd try the xtremes with and witout warpfeed. We were standin on a field with 200 meters of open ground before the woods started. NO roads and NO paths in front of us.

And all the pepole testing the markers are experienced palyers. Even the marshals came over to test them.

And how does he know all this you ask? Well first I was there, and second the pictures are taken with my camera.

Hoped this helped clear some tings out.

speedballbanks
05-20-2002, 03:20 PM
like i said it won't be published in a magazine so no worries about this and it was a good debate and thordic it has happened to me many of times....many of times.

magc68
05-20-2002, 03:29 PM
i dont think i am taking this to far. its in an open with all the spectators all right there. who is to say someone wont accidently walk across. and dont say that cant happen cause at a big 10 man tournament someone got shot in the face when everyone thought they knew what they were doing and someone walked around the corner. again i dont wanna seem like a totall die hard but somethings u just cant do.

speedballbanks
05-20-2002, 04:48 PM
ok i understand but you must remember i am entitled to my own opinion this is an open forum.

TylerDurden
05-20-2002, 05:02 PM
Fingers make good barrel plugs. :)

speedballbanks
05-20-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by TylerDurden
Fingers make good barrel plugs. :)

lol i saw someone do that on accident with a bushy the trigger tripped itself it was so short and he was getting a little paint out of the end of the barrel and pop alls i heard was teh gun hit the ground and the 12 year old kid start crying!! it was hillarious.