PDA

View Full Version : Painting your Minimag?

Magz
05-20-2002, 02:56 PM
I am planning on painting the silver body of my minimag. I'm plan on painting it with a chameleon type of paint. Is there anything I should know before painting, will the body hold up to the paint. I've painted Model 98's before and it worked fine. Thanks.

paint magnet
05-20-2002, 03:36 PM
Well, aside from the obvious (not getting paint in the gun), I don't see why it wouldn't hold up, I mean it's stainless steel. If you want the paint to stick well, then you might have to rough up the surface a little. Anyway, good luck.

FrAuStY
05-21-2002, 11:52 AM
I would advise on several coats of polyurethane clear coat over the paint itself. Just auto grade paint may flake when hit by a paintball. I used can spray paint before I powder coated my mag and after 15 minutes of having wet paint on it.. it starting bubbling up. I guess the ingredients in the paintballs were strong enough to lift plasticote spraypaint :eek: I'd also suggest an aviation grade primer if you can get your hands on it. (The primer I'm talking about is the kind used to hold paint on planes that fly in excess of 700 mph kinda pricey) If it holds paint at this speed.. it'll hold paint during a paintball impact. We used it to paint our dirtbike frame, we stupmed it out on a fallen tree and no paint came off. Impressive stuff.